Re: Email

*generic
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 27

Instead of going over very old ground, have a look at the thread that was started when BT notified the Talk21 customers about the closure of the email system. Unfortunately because it is so old some of the links no longer work or take you to the relevant pages.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Charging-for-Talk21-email-addresses-money-grabbing-or/m-p/967116/h...

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/6015-bt-makes-closure-of-talk21-a-little-less-painful

Jkseddon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 27

90% of people don't want to hear your problems, and the other 10% are happy you have them. Seems true.

Can you please forward me the standard email you sent out to everyone in 2013, I want to look at it and obviously don't have the email!
Plus a copy of the original terms and conditions to the Talk21 email account. (Plus and updated terms and conditions and proof of acceptance).
No old ground here. Fresh.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 27

It's old ground because it was all sent out in 2013. If you binned it or thought it was spam doesn't not negate the fact it was sent.

There is no need for proof of acceptance, what ever that may be. They were not changing the Terms and Conditions. They were stopping the service.

If you did not accept it do you think BT or any other company would keep things running along just for you.

I also think you are wrong about "90% of people don't want to hear your problems, and the other 10% are happy you have them".  I suspect it is more like 99% don't want to hear about them.

0 Ratings
Jkseddon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 27

I don't expect BT to continue to run a service escpecially for me now, but I would expect some kind of back up.

Why BT can't follow the website notes saying suspension and then deletion, I have no idea. It would mean you have a chance to retain some custom rather than just p'ssing people off.

0 Ratings
Jkseddon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 27

Can you please send me the 'contact the mods' link?
0 Ratings
Jkseddon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 27

Unwanted emails to an account that has been deleted. Ha.
0 Ratings