Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 27

Re: Email

Hello, 

BT have deleted my Talk21 email account (which I still used the week they deleted it).

They have sighted that I had not used the account in 90days, which is not true.

Them they said they emailed me on 2013 warning me that if I did not sign up to premium emails my account t would be deleted. 

If I did read that email, I probably thought it was fraudulent. Certainly sounds it! 

Can someone please help get my account re-activated (xxxxxxxxx@talk21.com).

i don't want to sound rude, but I have spoken to several people in India reading off a

script which isn't helpful.

cheers

0 Ratings
26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 27

You should delete your email address. This is a public forum and you could end up with unwanted emails.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 27

Deleted Email Account (Talk21)

BT have deleted my Talk21 email account after 20years! 

Can someone please help me re-activate it. 

I have been passed from department to department in India call centres who can't help me.

it was deleted last week, so believe I have 60days to re-activate it. Clocks ticking. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 27

Re: Deleted Email Account (Talk21)

Are you a BT Broadband customer? If not, then you would have lost your email address unless you had moved to BT Premium Mail which costs £5 a month.

See http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44885/~/what-is-bt-premium-mail-and-how-do-i-get-it%3...

Seems to me you were given plenty of warning.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 27

Seems like a scam.

How was I given plenty of warning Sir?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 27

And no, I'm not a BT broadband customer.
You would think a big company would suspend the account then allow the person to save or forward important emails and contacts.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 27

Email is a Value Added Service, provided to its personal customers only, so why should they provide support for non-customers?

There are lots of legacy email accounts which people have, which BT have been paying to maintain, even though the account owners are no longer BT customers. Those that have not migrated to BT Premium Mail, are slowly being deleted.

As you were warned about it in 2013, you were given plenty of notice, just like everyone else was.

It always best to use an email service like Gmail, which is not tied to any ISP, then it does not matter if you change ISPs.

You should also not rely on email as a storage medium to keep important messages, they should be downloaded, saved to a secure medium, or printed out.

Remember, this is only a user to user forum, and everyone, including myself, are just BT customers

If you were a BT customer, then one of the moderators, who are BT Employees, may be able to help.

If you still have a BT ID, have you tried logging into it, and following the procedure to pay for premium mail?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 27

Ok thanks Keith. It sounds like you read that straight from the BT verse book.
I hope BT go bust. Reckless at best!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 27

Its a question that keeps coming up on this forum, so I gave you the same reply that others would get. Its not from any rule book, its just the way things are.

Its the same for many other ISPs, they all give a period of grace to allow people to backup their emails.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 27

It will keep coming up. Shoddy.
0 Ratings