cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

Re: Emails to BT email addresses bouncing back

Similar to other reports on your forum, I am experiencing personal emails to BT email addresses bouncing back.  The error message said

delivery retry timeout exceeded

but since it has been only BT addresses that have bounced back, I think it is most likely something to do with my email address, which is a business email and we do send bulk emails to our network (not spam, just signups and routine b2b).  My experience sounds familiar to others on the forum and whilst this has only happened with 3 friends emails, and I have received bounce back notifications, I would like to understand the problem and resolve any issues.

Please advise.

And thanks to this forum for providing contact details for BT - not easy to find.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Message 2 of 6

Hi @AlannahB,

If you take a look at - BT email - Best practices for postmasters and senders of bulk mail, it will give you a few suggestion that will help insure that your bulk emails are delivered.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thanks Paddy.  These are not bulk emails that are being bounced but individual emails to local friends with BT email addresses that are being bounced.  There is not a problem sending to non BT email addresses.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 6

Getting exactly the same issue. This needs resolving as soon as possible. Other destinations are fine. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 6

I have posted separately that emails to me from BT addresses are going into spam - is the other end of the same problem?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Its all part of the fact that BT haven't got a clue how to run a mail system.

0 Ratings