cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnG
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Re: Fault in phone line

He checked the line capability pinging the main router with a meter he had and told me it was capable of 7.1 Meg as we are close to the exchange. He then connected the line up to the BT homehub and he ran a speedtest on my hardwired desktop. When it only came up with 1 Meg he said he could not raise the profile as his job sheet was for a line fault so he could not call his office for a broadband problem to get the speed increased. So I was left to call them again myself to raise another complaint to get it sorted, what a waste of mytime when the engineer is at my house, talk about a 'jobsworth'. He was in contact with his office a couple of times when in my house on other problems so he could have mentioned it to them. With my original complaint I told them I had lost the phone line, broadband and BT Vision. But they logged it for the engineer as a line fault only so he cannot raise any issues with the broadband or BT Vision, totally unbelievable. You subscribe to ALL their services and they treat you like this. Not even an apology or an offer of a refund for the days I did not have a service.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
JohnG
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Fault in phone line

I have BT calls, broadband and Vision. I called in a fault in phone line. Engineer called my land line on day of visit and wondered why I did not answer the phone!!! Unbelievable. Once he repaired the cable fault on the pole outside he checked the broadband speed, it was 1 Meg instead of line capacity of 7 Meg. He said he could do nothing about this as the original problem was a line fault so I would now need to chase up the broadband issue myself. What a joke, if landline was not working then obviously broadband not working also which was the faults I reported originally. Customer service could be better, I also did not like the veiled threat if the fault was with my equipment there would be a charge to me of £99.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Hi after any line fault the broadband speed could take 3-4 days to get back up to full speed, the fault reception team will always mentioned that there could be a charge incase the fault has either been caused by damage to the line within your premises which they can not tell by running a distant line check.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
plainview
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

When you say;

'Once he repaired the cable fault on the pole outside he checked the broadband speed'

Did he himself, or ask you to go onto your PC/Laptop and run a speedtest or did he just ask if your broadband had come back on and you then took it upon yourself to run a speedtest?

0 Ratings