Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Toneloc0_0
Contributor
Message 1 of 29

Re: Faulty BT Home HUB 3.0

Hi

I joined BT Broadband on Wednesday 13.6.12.

I had 7 years with AOL and had speeds of about 14 mb download & 0.95 upload-not bad.

Since 13.6.12 my broadband speed has plummetet down as low as 0.08mb, dreadful. The guys in the call centre have run numerous tests and now agree that it is the Home Hum 3.0 that is faulty & will send me a new one to see if this rectifies the fault. My phone line is BT too.

Anyone else had a similar experience.

AOL was fine, good speeds & stable line, I regret moving from them now Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
28 REPLIES 28
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 29

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the adsl stats from your router may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1) and run btspeedtester (MAC users may have problems) bt speedtester and post the results .

It would be helpful to have this information on your current position so you can compare when you get the HH3

are you connected directly via a filter to the NTE5 master or test socket or to somewhere else? Is the master the only phone socket in your home?

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

test socket.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 29

I moved the post so you get replies for your problem rather getting confused with the other post orginator which is a few months old

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Toneloc0_0
Contributor
Message 4 of 29

Hi

Thank you for looking at this for me

I am connected to the master socket. There is 1 other extension socket in the house.

I tried the quiet line test option 2, all good.

I tried to obtain the stats from the Hub and was asked for a password. I entered the admin password from the pull out tab, but this was not accepted. From the stats I could see I have a HH 3 software type A.

I ran a BT Speedtester check, my download speed @ 07:32am was 2.71 & upload 0.71, which are not great stats

The call centre chap talked me through connecting the router via the test socket on the master socket. When I did this the broadband light went & stayed out! He seemed to think that the router was shot & needed to be replaced. It should be here tomorrow.

If this does not work, I think I will have to go back to AOL. I just cannot understand the fact that BT HH routers cannot work with BT phone line but AOL's Netgear router worked fine Smiley Surprised

0 Ratings
Toneloc0_0
Contributor
Message 5 of 29

Also, whenever I use Internet Explorer or BT Yahoo homepage I cannot exit the programme in the normal way, I click on the cross @ the top right to close, it locks up, not responding so I have to use the task manager to exit-very strange

0 Ratings
Toneloc0_0
Contributor
Message 6 of 29

Just did another speedtest

Download 1.2 mbps

Upload 0.9 mbps 😞

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 29

are you still connected to the test socket?  really need to see the router stats to be able to help you.  if the worst comes to worst you could reset the hub using the recessed button on the back and hold until lights go out /flash.  that will take hub back to factory settings and then the admin password should work

0 Ratings
Toneloc0_0
Contributor
Message 8 of 29

Hi

No, I asked the call centre chap if I could put it back he said ok.

If I reset the hub, would that mean I have to reinstall from scratch.

I am sorry to be so dense on this, but I am ok with these things to a point, from the on I am lost!!

0 Ratings
Toneloc0_0
Contributor
Message 9 of 29

When I connect to the test socket, I lose BB altogether

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 29

the hub is plug and play if you use the ethernet cable to connect your pc.  only changes would be if you made changes to the hub such as port forwarding

0 Ratings