Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robsonma1984
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Re: Fibre Cabinet Full!

Hi,

We have just moved home, we are a BT Phone and Broardband Customer, We got an email to say Broardband and Home would be connected midnight 15/7

bt2.png

Thats fine Date comes and goes no Broardband, SO contact BT through Chat we need to send an enganeer out, fine, He comes to house, we asked if he can move Master Socket, he said no, asked for an extension, No anyway he goes to Exchange says there is an issue he fixed it and went. Try Internet Nothing, get a phone call from India BT Saying my Broardband will be connected now on the 27! ehhhhhh!!!!

Anyway called back today and they have now said it will be the 31st hang on here!! So I said what ios going to take nearly 2 weeks, she said the Cabinet is full and will need a special BT enganeer to sort the issue, a quick search on DSL Checker can anyone tell me if the Cabinet is full?

bt2.png

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

the previous post was solved so moved to start own thread on correct board for problem

can't see anything on dslchecker results which shows cabinet capacity problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
John25Roberts
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

Just because the BT Wholesale Checker doesn't say there's capacity issues it doesn't mean there isn't.

It could be the case BT Wholesale thought there were say 8 spare ports but when the CSE has gone out to connect it up the ports have been found to be faulty.

If that's the case a ticket will be raised to the AOC for a DSLAM Engineer to go out and either replace the faulty card, fix the fsulty ports or activate a new DSLAM card providing there's the capacity of tie cables in the PCP.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

... or more likely you were spun a line by Customer Services just to get you off the phone. 

You should re-contact BT and advise them that you want an earlier date or you will be cancelling.

0 Ratings
robsonma1984
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

I think I will have to wait as I am still in Contract until April 2017
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

You should check about that. It may be the case that when you move home you actually start a new contract. In any event BT are not fulfilling their part of the "Home Move" by moving the start date and as has already been stated, there is no apparent reason to say the cabinet is full.

0 Ratings
robsonma1984
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Many Thanks I will contact them again tonight.

0 Ratings