cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Re: Forwarding Emails to a different address

Right!

Like many, I had dreadful problems using an app to read my BTYahoo emails a couple of years ago, when I had to keep changing my password  up to 3 times A DAY!. Yahoo was hacked, then the migration from BTYahoo to BTmail got in a mess too - so BT stopped it. Those of us stuck with BTYahoo mail are stuck with it and the mail forwarding was the only option.

Mine stopped being forwarded to my Gmail account last Friday / Saturday. I looked at the Yahoo settings and it looks like  it's not possible to alter them any more. One of my BT email addresses suddenly started forwarding again, but the other didn't.

I emailed my contact at BT Technical Complaints in Newcastle, who initially told me to phone the normal helpline. I was not happy and replied by telling him so.

He has now admitted that mail forwarding from BTYahoo emails IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED BY BT!!!

It looks like they are leaving BTYahoo customers to fend for themselves, so, after 20 years with BTinternet, I've had enough&  I'm off to find someone who cares!!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

If BTYahoo has been so bad for you why are you still using it. Mail forwarding was not your only option. You have a gmail account, you should just use that. Notify all your contacts and stop using BTYahoo. 

Apart from a better email experience you are not ISP dependent for your email address and you can move ISP without having to worry about keeping your email address.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Hello gg03040

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I had thought of that.

I have probably had a BTInternet email address longer than you, and I have used that email address for many, many on-line retailers, financial institutions, holiday, travel and hotel companies etc. etc. Each of these has a different way of dealing with change of email address - many send you a link or code to the original (BT) email address and some seem to need this done twice. So far I've spent 4 hours changing many of them - about half! I note that some have my new email address, but still send to BT!

I haven't counted all my contacts, but I do have loads - although many I could probably delete. It doesn't seem possible to do a bulk email to everyone on Gmail, without doing it in batches. I will do that sooner or later.

My point is, that I shouldn't have to!

ken

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

I have had a BT email address since 1984 so perhaps it may be as long if not longer than you! I agree that you should not have to change everything to your gmail address but in the long run it may well be worth the effort.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

I apologise - I didn't think that BT had email till at least 10 years later than that. I do't know anyone who had an email address till the early nineties and certainly not using Windows.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

My typo, it should have been 1994 not 1984. Sorry about that.

0 Ratings