Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kctommy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Re: GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Ongoing Broadband fault VOL011-xxxxxxxxxxx Report date:31/03/2011

Talking to these so-called tech support is extremely frustrating and stressful. This guy couldn't understand me so just opened a new fault

Resolved Phone fault VOL011-xxxxxxxxxxx Report date:21/03/2011 - Close date: 27/03/2011

I don't recall ever reporting a phone fault - all are the same broadband problem. Someone contacted me on Sunday 24th March and said he'd keep the fault open until I was satisfied; then merely closed it as being resolved. The Openzone engineer realy knew his stuff and visited the exchange first then came to my place. He found noise on the line because the wiruing was 'non-standard' and promised that I'd have 14.9Mbs after 72 hours - It went up to 7Mbs the settled at 2.3. Trying to talk to someone about this ticket eneded up with the above.

Resolved Broadband fault VOL011-xxxxxxxxxxx Report date:13/03/2011 - Close date: 26/03/2011

This Openzone engineer went to the exchange and found that the line had 'capped' itself because of noise. He reset the line and said that I'd have about 16Mbs within 3 days - it never happened.

How can I escallate this fault and talk to someone who doesn't read from a script?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
syops
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 10

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

allow 72hrs for a response

Check your exchange or major service outages

If someone has given a helpful answer, please click on their Ratings star on the left-hand side. 🙂 ***
kctommy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

I thought auto replies were instantaneous?
0 Ratings
syops
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 10

Auto Replies, as in acknowledge of receipt of your message are. A email response from a human being is currently around 72hrs due to the current large work load being undertaken.

Check your exchange or major service outages

If someone has given a helpful answer, please click on their Ratings star on the left-hand side. 🙂 ***
0 Ratings
kctommy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Looks like my complaint was even ignored by the system because I did not receive an auto acknowledgement.
Only BTVision is keeping me with BT Broadband - not sure how long for though.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

The link you were sent goes to directly to the forum moderators who are BT employees based in the UK they take up to 72 hours to respond as all mails are dealt with in turn and they have a high volume of work they will sort out your problems as they have access to all parts of bt
0 Ratings
Raven2010
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

if you phone sky it dont take 72 hours it takes 72 seconds, of course bt can sort it out they just choose to steal your money and pretend the problem doesnt exist
0 Ratings
hitman
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 10

Been there done it got the tee shirt ..........loose your rag threaten to pull your contract be polite though .....then somthing might get done ...it took me 5 eng visits before i finally started to get somwhere ...REIN problems on the line yeah but where from not on my new line as first was thought but in the exchange .......so in the end they lifted and shifted my line and i am now into my 3rd day of ten days line settlement with 3 shut downs up to yet .....i will give it a couple of weeks ..............

0 Ratings
kctommy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

This latest fault ticket is now 6 days old; yet no-one has even bothered to contact me????

I'm an Option 3 client yet do not receive more than 2.4Mbs download.

Guess I'll have to give up on BT.

0 Ratings
kctommy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

I eventually opted for the cancellation department who, when I said that I'd prefer to stay with BT Broadband because I like BTVision passed me to....you guessed it...Technical Support in India.

They did the usual teststing and confirmed that I was only getting 2Mbs and am able to get 12Mbs. It was escalated?? and they'd call me within 48 hours - they didn't!! Fortunately I extracted 2nd line support's number (********** pin****) and called them. The usual apologies ensued, then testing, then...the announcement that I'm getting 2Mbs and should be getting 12Mbs. The line would be reset (for the upteenth time) and be up to 12 Mbs in 48 hours - how mnay times have I heard this before.

I've finally started looking at alternatives.

0 Ratings