cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PoorBTservice
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Re: Get some decent UK call centres

It's a bit late for that. I called back to complain at the time. But what I would really like you to do, is stop using poor quality foreign call centres.

If you can do that you will help to improve your service for all. I was looking at your broadband but after the calls like I said about above, think I buy from another provider.

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews76639.html#Reviews

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Mason48
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Spoiler

I'm with you on this.

I called the other day and the idiot woman, well more like A school kid by the voice, did not have A clue about the difference between A Bt MK2 home hub and A modem or what A dongle was.

I gave up in the end and sorted the problem myself

There's also that stupid message about finding the answers on line, how the hell can you find the answers on line if

A) You can not get online, duff Home Hub

B) You BT line is down 96 hours and no service what so ever

Lets have that old fashioned way call number, speak to operator, passed to A REGIONAL UK BASED call centre call handler who speak ENGLISH as A first language

*edited*

0 Ratings
toekneem
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

@Mason48 wrote:

Spoiler

I'm with you on this.

I called the other day and the idiot woman, well more like A school kid by the voice, did not have A clue about the difference between A Bt MK2 home hub and A modem or what A dongle was.

There's also that stupid message about finding the answers on line, how the hell can you find the answers on line if

Lets have that old fashioned way call number, speak to operator, passed to A REGIONAL UK BASED call centre call handler who speak ENGLISH as A first language

*edited*

Actually there are quite a few thick englishmen in this country as well, and as for understanding people I have heard many an accent in this country that takes some understanding.

Yes , I like many would like to see the call centres brought back to the UK, but the call centre workers abroad are by no means "Thick or Idiots". Actually most are better educated than some of the youngsters I see in our localitySmiley Wink

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

@toekneem wrote:

@Mason48 wrote:

Spoiler

I'm with you on this.

*edited*

Actually there are quite a few thick englishmen in this country as well, and as for understanding people I have heard many an accent in this country that takes some understanding.

Yes , I like many would like to see the call centres brought back to the UK, but the call centre workers abroad are by no means "Thick or Idiots". Actually most are better educated than some of the youngsters I see in our localitySmiley Wink

I could not agree more 

0 Ratings
Dorsetty
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

@  Tokneem

Frankly I have no interest in where they (BT) have their call centres or whether they are staffed by Indians or Martians

What I want is someone, anyone, intelligent enough or more likely empowered enough to NOT just read a script off of a computer screen and whilst doing so ignore every word I say.

I find the whole 'race card' thing is of course a God send of a distraction from the actual issues

Those issues are all centred around call centre staff regardless of country being treated like cattle. They are not allowed to think, actually help or resolve anything. Rather, these call centres are a corporate blank wall to be faced and endured by the customer, where nothing but useless platitudes are trotted out like so much horse manure.

The companies, including BT, who run these utterly dross systems obviously hope that one will just give up and go away.

Because nothing else adequately explains having such appalling, useless and totallty pointless systems in place.

0 Ratings