cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chaffy
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Re: Got fibre in my area, but cabinet is full!

Go to solution

Hi,

Just wanted to jump in on this to get some clarity.  I've tried signing up to BT today but I've been told I can't have infinity as fibre isn't available in my area.  However I'm currently on fibre with sky.  I've read about cabinets being full so no space for new connections being available but my connection to sky is available as I will be switching.  I'm hoping someone could clear this up after a very frustrating online chat with a customer service agent.

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Go to solution

@chaffy

Please read this thread

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Is-this-typical-quot-Cabinet-Full-quot-if-s...

You will lose your Sky fibre allocated port in the cabinet, and it will go to the next person on the waiting list.

DavidM
Message 3 of 3

Go to solution

Hi @chaffy,

Thanks for taking my call today, nice speaking with you. I've checked this for you and can confirm BT Infinity is available in your area but due to a high demand there is currently no capacity left at your local cabinet. There will be a waiting period until we can activate the service. I've registered your interest and once Infinity is available we'll be in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings