cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
str8chat4u
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Re: Having trouble setting up Newlink NL-HPW200 wireless bridge, need advice please.

Just bought one of these to use with my existing 200 MHz HomePlug network. After playing around with the various settings to see what it can do (and getting it totally screwed up in the process), I prssed the reset button for about 3 seconds. After this it was back to the factory settings.

Next I changed the IP address so it did not clash with my ADSL router, disabled the DHCP server, set up a new SSID (different from the main router) and encryption, changed the channel to be away from my ADSL router's WiFi channel and left the mode setting at the default "disabled". I had tried Lazy, Bridge and Repeater, but found the default was what I needed.

Now I just plug it in and my laptop picks up the network and I am on the Internet and also transferring files to and from my other PCs that are cable connected to my main router.

I have this secondary SSID as the preferred network on my laptop. If I unplug the NL-HPW200, then the laptop reverts to the WiFi network from the main ADSL router.

Hope this helps.

Incidentally, I used the Atheros HomePlug utility to configure the HomePlug security on the NL-HPW200. After pressing the reset, it was easier to use the utility rather than running round pressing the security buttons on the various HomePlug units.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Having trouble setting up Newlink NL-HPW200 wireless bridge, need advice please.

I am pleased you found a solution. It may help other people with a similar problem using that device.

0 Ratings