cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fanatix11
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

Re: Help! BT appear to have deleted my whole email account

I have also had my BT account for 20 years and had my primary email account cut off due to inactivity, which frankly is disgraceful and extremely poor customer service. I have all my bt bills going to this account and only access this account via my phone on a read only basis. 

No notification in writing to let customers know, which is appauling. Your call centre said it was cut off because I have to go onto my BT webmail every month to keep it alive...!! really. I work for a global it firm and this really did make us all laugh quite hard. If I stopped using my phone for 2 months would you cut it off aswell?

The irony is that I have 5 email accounts in total, 4 have never been used in years and these are still active???, my primary is now suspended and spent hours dealing with poor speaking asian people whom just fob you off with rubbish to get rid of you or hang up on you. This is my last hope or I simply take my business to Virgin.

This goes beyond poor service.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

If you have been accessing your email account by your phone it should not have been deleted. Only email accounts that have had no access what so ever within a 90 day period get deleted. 

See link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44499/~/why-has-my-bt-mail-address-been-deleted%3F

Have you tried logging onto the account via webmail and via your MyBT to see if it is still active or suspended. If it is suspended you should be able to reactivate it.

0 Ratings
fanatix11
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

it's suspended but past the 90 days so shafted...

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

You should have 60 days to reactivate it after it has been suspended. If it is past that time it will be gone.

0 Ratings
fanatix11
Beginner
Message 5 of 13

Yep get all that - that's why I'm waiting for BT techie to sort this **bleep** out.

0 Ratings
jayceedove
Contributor
Message 6 of 13

I have just had an e mail supposedly from BT saying that from tomorrow - 12 July - my e mail will be removed due to lack of activity. Unless I click on a link within it now.

I am very suspicious of doing that as last time, about 4 years ago, it was a bogus message not unlike this with the same Libby Barr name on it and I ended up being locked out for hours and had to redo all my on line passwords quickly with BTs help.

I pay £5 pm to BT to continue my e mail address and it is used many times daily. So the message makes no sense.

But given this thread I thought I had better ask as I pay this money so as retain my past messages and contacts as well as to use it as my only e mail account.

0 Ratings
fanatix11
Beginner
Message 7 of 13

Hover over the hyperlink and see if its genuine before clicking.

0 Ratings
jayceedove
Contributor
Message 8 of 13

How do I know its genuine?

0 Ratings
fanatix11
Beginner
Message 9 of 13

it will have a BT domain name.