cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
automan2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Re: Help from one of the BT Team? Billing Issues

Feeling cheated by the customer services after trying to negotiate a discount to stay with bt I was offered a reduction in price and it all sounded good so went ahead. Then in the middle of the next week received an e mail saying my cloud space was reduced from 50 gb to 5gb. Being away from home working thought it strange so when I returned at the weekend discovered on booting my home pc that I had no net protect either. On checking the broadband packages I realised I had been reduced from a full option 3 totally unlimited package to a new totally unlimited broadband package. Surely the discount I arranged should have been on my existing package deal and at no time was I advised that I would lose benefits. I tried to cancel one week later but was dealt with aggressively by the cancellation department. So after at least 35 years as a bt customer I will be leaving next year.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

option 3 no longer sold

this is the options on renewal  http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=27281

if you want to change then phone the options team 0800800030 and complain that you were sold the wrong packages - probably the 'extra' is the package equivalent

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
automan2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Dear distinguished sage thanks for pointing out my choices after I had signed up for another year. As I said in my original post I thought I was getting a discount on my existing package and never at anytime was I told that my package was being reduced. That in itself is dubious practise on the part of bt customer services and feel they can change my contract terms but the customer can't . When I phoned to complain and cancel I was told that I would incur charges as it had gone live 24 hrs later. Despite being told during the conversation that I would have 14 day cooling off. I have no email confirmation of my change of terms either. So being stuck with this new contract for 12 maths I will be leaving after more than 35 years..
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Obviously you did not check the packages on offer before renewing. If you need more cloud space or net protect then you could try upgrading to extra by phoning the options team who are uk based and usually very good. 0800800030. Up to you

there is no cancellation period for renewals as service already active

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

If you phoned up to renew, they should have told you that you were being switched to a different package.  When I phoned to renew back in March, they were quite clear that it was a different package i was being switched to, with different options*.

If you weren't told, don't just accept it.  Make a formal complaint that the operator mis-sold you a different package without telling you.

*That said, BT's system is now hopelessly confused as to whether I should have Netprotect Plus or not.  If I log on to MyBT, it tries to sell me Netprotect Plus as a monthly add-on.  If I click the link for more details, it tells me it's included in my package at no extra charge.  In reality, NetprotectPlus still works for me.

0 Ratings