cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tarmanel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Re: How can I tell if my phone line is connected to a cabinet or directly to the exchange

Hi, I am also struggling to pin down whether we are on an EOL. The village is being upgraded via Connecting Cheshire, either end is going live imminently as are the surrounding villages in the area on our exchange, yet a strip right through the middle of the village encompassing four out of five local schools, all the major businesses and the majority of the residential premises won't be for some time. If there were no houses in the way I could probably read the signs on the outside of the exchange building here, but of course the cable route may go a different way. Please can I have some help to determine if our line is EOL? I have tried the various online tools with no luck (still clear as mud) and the 'about me' section of the mod's profiles appears to have the link I need disabled (do I need to be invited to use it in order to see it?)

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards,

Tim

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: How can I tell if my phone line is connected to a cabinet or directly to the exchange

If you use this checker it will tell what cabinet you are on and what services it can receive. If you do not have a cabinet number showing it will mean you are on an E/O line. 

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

See this link about contacting the moderators

https://community.bt.com/t5/Announcements-Terms/Change-of-Mods-Contact-Us-link/td-p/931648

Tarmanel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thanks GG - looks like we are EOL - just says the number is 'on exchange....' no mention of a cab - explains a lot.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Unfortunately that means you will not be able to get Infinity any time soon. Openreach are planning to put cabinets outside exchanges so that EO lines can be connected but it is not top of their priority list.

Tarmanel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Thanks GG - Normally I'd agree, however this is not a commercial activation it's the BDUK stuff and is part of Connecting Cheshire - it does explain though why we are going to be in phase 2 rather than phase 1. I'll live in hope - if not I'll ask for an ADSL2+ link while we wait.

0 Ratings