cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lenfurst
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Re: How do I get answers to lack of service for repair?

When you find out would you please let me know.  I have not waited as long as you have I an at one week and counting.  When I signed up and engineer came he discovered a fault between our house and the junction boxes and the exchange.  I have now had at least two date for the "fix".  I am moderately disabled and need the phone to keep in touch with my doctores and family.  This is beyond a joke and is really appalling service.  I was with talktalk and thought I had problems.  How wrong I was.  It looks like I will have to get in touch with OfCom to get this sorted.  I note that the call centre is definitely not in the UK and having to use my mobile (this is with o2) if there is any problem with the connection I have great difficult in conducting a conversation.  What makes this the more puzzling is that I have broadband service.  Go figure.  Afraid you have to count me as an extremely unhappy and disappointed customer.  Get your act together BT and Open Reach.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
NeilO
Message 2 of 6

@lenfurst I've started your own thread to avoid confusion with the other persons post as your issues don't seem to be related. I'm really sorry about the fault with your service and the moderation team will be happy to help you with this if you use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Havnalaff
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

@lenfurst, Broadband will work on one cable of your telephone supply, so that is why your BB is working even though your phone may be down. 

I am sorry you are waiting for a repair to your service, Openreach will get you fixed up, there is a queue for these repairs unfortunately.

BT will 'camp' all your calls onto your mobile phone so you will not be completely incommunicado, this situation is the same one that we had a few years ago (a 60 year old cable underground) and OR fixed that and all is well now. I managed with the mobile phone at that time and suffered no problems.

0 Ratings
lenfurst
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

First, nice to know someone is "listening".  Second, I didn't now I was in queque this would have been nice to know and would have saved me making numerous phone calls and endless time in the chat room.  I worked in tech control while I was in the USAF and I know how difficult it can be for problems to get fixed.  I would poiint out that we were expected to let our end user what was happening.  All in all I am disappointed and if I weren't now tied into the contract I would look for another provider.  But then I would still have the problems and the queque withing Open Reach.  Oh well, so it goes.  Cat Frustrated 

0 Ratings
lenfurst
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

"camp" means what? I have a BT SIM not yet installed and registered and the phone it is going into is currently with o2, hope the use the o2 number
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 6 of 6

@lenfurst If you send us over your details using the link I mentioned this morning we'll be able to chase up your case with Openreach and let you know what's happening.

0 Ratings