cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
russelllangley
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Re: How long to repair before I can cancel?

I reported a fault firstly on one of my landlines on the 4th August. I returned home from holiday then to find my Alarm was faulting and there was no signal on the phone whatsoever. I phoned to report the fault and they said it would take 4 days to repair - but nothing happened. So I cancelled the phone line which was meant then to remain for thirty days with a messgae to re-direct to my other line. Guess what - they cut it off immediately ! How helpful, I've had that number for over 15 years and now I have to seek out everyone to let them know. So thats that phone line gone. Now my second phone line started getting noisy after this - very noisy and with crossed lines and strange behaviour (kept say numbers we called were unavilable) So be the 24th August I report a fault on this line too. Now, as I work from home this line is critical to me. It also has the broad band on it. So I have had no communication back to me from BT - even though I have provided my mobile and e-mail address. I received a bill this week - it had £10.90 call which was apparently 'operator assisted'. I called to have this removed.  I have called back to the fault department 3 times to ask for assistance and updating but only get 'we completely understand (but we are not trained engineers and we are not going to do anything about it - is what they say) . I am currently waiting for a manager or engineer to call me - which they promised to do - but I am sure they won't. I have been with BT for 30 years,worked there 17 years and been loyal to the company, but it is time to change as they very obviously do not care about their customers. A repair time of any longer than 2 or 3 days is just not acceptable. All of this for me started when the could not install BT infinity properly either and I waited for 6 vweeks until someone did some fiddling with the pairs in the local cable box. I will now need to change my supplier (with all the heartache of 20 years of e-mails in all the families names) and write letters to the chairmans off once again as it seems to be impossible to talk to anyone in BT who is capable, trained or able to do anything about a reported problem. 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
russelllangley
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Sorry for the spelling - had a power cut in the middle of composing !

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Re: How long to repair

I have moved your post so  you  may get your own replies with out  them getting replies mixed up with the original post 

once the forum moderators read your post the  will reply here giving you a contact link to them  they will give you a single point of contact and take personal owner ship of your problem until resolved 

0 Ratings
CraigS
Moderator-Retired
Message 4 of 4

Hi russelllangley

I am really sorry you have had trouble getting this fault fixed.  I'll be happy to have a closer look and make sure we get it sorted out.

Could you drop me in an email please? Use the 'contact us' form in my forum profile under the 'about me' section. You can find it by clicking on my username.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.