Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Easygoingdave
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Re: How to replace a master socket?

Master socket
I am coming by to the end of renovating a house and went to replace the master BT socket coming into the house. I thought it would be very easy. However the old socket had been ripped off the wall leaving the following wires 2 times white 1 times orange and 1 times blue. Can someone advise me as to where these cables go in the new master socket.
Thank you in advance
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Chances are the blue and its associated white are the incoming feed, connect to the A and B screw terminals at the rear of the NTE5 master socket.

Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

Assume that is the incoming line as well as the main socket?
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Easygoingdave
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for taking the time to reply. As luck would have it a BT Van was parked right outside my house. After a quick chat with the engineer he came in and identified the live pair. He even gave me a new master socket! Really helpful bloke and a credit to BT.Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Easygoingdave
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for taking the time to reply. As luck would have it a BT Van was parked right outside my house. After a quick chat with the engineer he came in and identified the live pair. He even gave me a new master socket! Really helpful bloke and a credit to BT.Smiley Happy

0 Ratings