cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
4,256 Views
Message 1 of 26

Re: I am at my wits end!!

This log is made on 19th September 2013: BT is utterly useless I am afraid to say. I made the HUGE mistake of switching to BT 3 months ago; since when I cannot make outgoing calls. In spite of numerous calls to the Call Centre in India (polite but again utterly useless) nothing has changed. I am a lawyer and am now suing BT for compensation and for my time. I would encourage everyone who is fed up with this inept company to do the same - indeed I will handle your cases for free. The only way to deal with them is to leave them and also to sue so that you get something back for the time and trouble spent trying to sort out the mess they create. I really wanted my BT contract to work, but they are incapable of any positive action. My other recommendation is to tell all of your friends and contacts as I have done; I have managed so far to divert a large company from making the same mistake thus depriving BT of a 6 figure contract.

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
4,235 Views
Message 2 of 26

Re: I am at my wits end!!

If that's an example of your work I'll not be taking up your offer, thanks.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
4,211 Views
Message 3 of 26

Re: I am at my wits end!!


@unhappycust1 wrote:

This log is made on 19th September 2013: BT is utterly useless I am afraid to say. I made the HUGE mistake of switching to BT 3 months ago; since when I cannot make outgoing calls. In spite of numerous calls to the Call Centre in India (polite but again utterly useless) nothing has changed. I am a lawyer and am now suing BT for compensation and for my time. I would encourage everyone who is fed up with this inept company to do the same - indeed I will handle your cases for free. The only way to deal with them is to leave them and also to sue so that you get something back for the time and trouble spent trying to sort out the mess they create. I really wanted my BT contract to work, but they are incapable of any positive action. My other recommendation is to tell all of your friends and contacts as I have done; I have managed so far to divert a large company from making the same mistake thus depriving BT of a 6 figure contract.


Does that mean you sometimes charge for your workSmiley Very Happy

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
4,174 Views
Message 4 of 26

Re: I am at my wits end!!


@toekneem wrote:

@unhappycust1 wrote:

This log is made on 19th September 2013: BT is utterly useless I am afraid to say. I made the HUGE mistake of switching to BT 3 months ago; since when I cannot make outgoing calls. In spite of numerous calls to the Call Centre in India (polite but again utterly useless) nothing has changed. I am a lawyer and am now suing BT for compensation and for my time. I would encourage everyone who is fed up with this inept company to do the same - indeed I will handle your cases for free. The only way to deal with them is to leave them and also to sue so that you get something back for the time and trouble spent trying to sort out the mess they create. I really wanted my BT contract to work, but they are incapable of any positive action. My other recommendation is to tell all of your friends and contacts as I have done; I have managed so far to divert a large company from making the same mistake thus depriving BT of a 6 figure contract.


Does that mean you sometimes charge for your workSmiley Very Happy


Sounds like a scam to me. Lawyers working for free. That will be the day, no win no fee or in other words, I'll only take your case on if it has 100% chance of winning and I can screw the looser for the costs!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
4,167 Views
Message 5 of 26

Re: I am at my wits end!!


@unhappycust1 wrote:

My other recommendation is to tell all of your friends and contacts as I have done; I have managed so far to divert a large company from making the same mistake thus depriving BT of a 6 figure contract.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I started to do that, but after a couple of seconds I realised I hadn't got any,Smiley Sad. I bet the company was Virgin MediaSmiley Very Happy

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
4,156 Views
Message 6 of 26

Re: I am at my wits end!!

toekneem wrote:

"I started to do that, but after a couple of seconds I realised I hadn't got any"

 

.........................................................

 

Don`t worry toekneem,we all love you here.:)

 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
4,127 Views
Message 7 of 26

Re: I am at my wits end!!

I am also at my wits end and like you wanted this deal to work but from the top down BT seem incapable of any form of customer service the amount of time i have spent on the phone being passed from dept.to dept.runs into double man hours figures,like you i also agree that the call centres are useless ,they all seem to read from a script can't apologise enough but are incapable of actual help even though they do promise to have the problem fixed within 24 hours,this is all lies i think BT hope that they can grab your money, then wear you down hoping that you will go away,well no i will take legal action like yourself unless they can deliver what i asked for in the now time frame i have given them,i first placed my order back in early August i will proceed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
4,124 Views
Message 8 of 26

Re: I am at my wits end!!

You should PM unhappycust1, he has said that he is a lawyer and will sue BT for you free of charge. Let us know how you get on.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
3,736 Views
Message 9 of 26

Re: I am at my wits end!!

Hi unhappycust,

 

I came accross your online thread and even though it is now over eighteen months since you wrote it, I have a well documented case against BT over that period and even though I took it to the Ombudsman service recently I was surprised that they considered BT were not at fault. BT Failed to give the service they undertook to provide and despite a large number of telephone calls and three letters the only way I could get the youveiw and the football services I signed up for was to have a telephone cable trailing 20ft through the hall and lounge. There was no mention of inadequate internet speeds when the service was sold to me  but this was clearly a ploy to get me signed to an eighteen month contract. I am conidering applying through the small claims court to recover the money paid over the 18 months to them, quoting the "sale of goods act" and trade descriptions act. I would welcome your input as to whether this is a reasonable strategy and given the Ombudsman's deliberation do you think BT would vigoursly defend it. I am sure they might be able behind their small print which (now having read it) seems to absolve them from any responsiblity or failings on their part!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
3,733 Views
Message 10 of 26

Re: I am at my wits end!!

AH51RST

Do you realise you are posting on an old thread, which is now inactive?

 

0 Ratings