cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
serbusfish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Re: Infinity 1 --- 5mbps?

I dont mean to hijack but rather than make a new thread I am in the same sort of scenario, I should be getting around 20mb/s but im only getting 4 - 5 mb/s. This has been going on for at least a few weeks now, ive tried resetting the router but it doesnt help so must be something on BT's end?

Using the BT speedtest it says down speed is 4.77, up is 4.95, and latency is 45.25, and as I said I should have around 20mb down.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Wired or wireless?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
serbusfish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Wired. Also, I just ran a test and it is now at 1.5mb/s... have BT started throttling at peak times?

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

No, it'll be network congestion. Raise a fault and request Wholesale investigation
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
serbusfish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

I ran Infinity throughout 2015 and never had a single slow day, in fact it was the first time with any provider where I didnt have to reset the router or contact them about anything, thats how flawless it was. So why now would things suddenly change?

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Because the VP (virtual pathway) you're connected to has a number of high users therefore there's not enough bandwidth. Imagine a motorway at peak time, everyone goes slower as there's more cars. What needs to happen is the capacity increased.
0 Ratings