cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GOINGLOOPY
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Re: Infinity 1 Extremely Slow - Please Help

I've just been told by BT online chat that I can expect very low speeds for 10 days after installing Infinity.  My speed with OpenReach was always more than 14, but now I've got infinity switched on and the Smart Hub working I'm getting around seven.  I was guaranteed 52 but BT Chat tell me the first 10 days don't count.  HELP PLEASE!

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
GOINGLOOPY
Beginner
Message 2 of 11

Infinity Warm Up Period?

I've just been told by BT online chat that I can expect very low speeds for 10 days after installing Infinity.  My speed with OpenReach was always more than 14, but now I've got infinity switched on and the Smart Hub working I'm getting around seven.  I was guaranteed 52 but BT Chat tell me the first 10 days don't count.  HELP PLEASE!

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 11

Re: Infinity Warm Up Period?

Welcome to this user forum.

There is no warmup period, you should get the full speed right away unless there is a fault, or incorrect internal wiring.

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

Please post the information from the smart hub, using this link.

http://192.168.1.254/0000012803/gui/#/technicalLog/information

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

Could you please post the results from the BT Wholesale speed checker, including the further diagnostics.

0 Ratings
GOINGLOOPY
Beginner
Message 4 of 11

Sorry but I don't understand this forum.  I just posted a new question and then saw a message telling me to reply to an earlier post which I didn't get any replies to.  Anyway, I'm replying but I don't know what I'm doing replying to my own post

0 Ratings
GOINGLOOPY
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

This is very odd. I have the transcript of the online chat where the operator insisted several times that I had to pay now but wait 10 days.  This is an extract :-  Harpreet Singh: Graham, As you've recently moved to infinity and still in stabilisation period, It takes maximum 10 days to broadband get stable.
Harpreet Singh: Broadband performance going to increased day by day, It can take maximum 10 days.
Graham: Okay, but are you telling me my speeds will be slower until then because I upgraded because my previous speed was too slow.
Harpreet Singh: No Graham, Line takes time to get stabled according to package , Your broadband speed is going to increased as stabilisation period ends.

0 Ratings
GOINGLOOPY
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

Hi, THanks but I just entered my phone number as you requested and clicked 'submit'.  I was taken to a blank page with the message "can't open the page".  HELP I'm going loopy

0 Ratings
GOINGLOOPY
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

I don't know what I'm supposed to do now as I don't get any responses.  Guess it's me but I'll give up now.

0 Ratings
GOINGLOOPY
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

I know that it's not possible to talk to anyone about this, but I feel that I must be missing something.  I suspect there is still copper wire from the box to my house so moving to another provider won't help.  I can't get out of this contract anyway and the advice I've had from BT so far has either been untrue or impossible to carry out. Surely there must be a way of getting a solution.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

@GOINGLOOPY

Please provide the information requested in this post. Try again, but also provide the information from your home hub.

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Re-Infinity-1-Extremely-Slow-Please-Help/m-...

0 Ratings
GOINGLOOPY
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Hi,  Thank you for your time but my internet crashes which prevents me responding.  I have just tried again to follow your link but I went to the same blank page.  I'm going to get someone to instal a cable to the modem so that I'm not wireless - not that I'm far from my shiny new smart hu (next door).  I just hope there is some connection when it's done.  Maybe the slow speed isn't that important though I resent paying extra and drop offs.  I did wonder if it could be because I use a Mac.  It's a newish machine and things were okay (but slow - typically about 7 download) before.  Do you happen to know if Infinity is not Mac friendly?  I can't see why not but I just wondered.  You may be interested to know that I've got no mobile signal here either - 7 miles from Oxford city center

0 Ratings