cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Re: Infinity Connection Drops when it rains

Hi I have the same problem when it rains....I have had two bt engineers come to sort the problem out... but all they did was run tests from the master socket up the line etc...which they said was all fine...But it may well be fine when there is no rain or when the broadband does not drop out....one engineer said it may be caused by the old type of line that I have got .... but no one has physically checked the line....so I am in a catch twenty two situation...please help because this is been going on for well over two months ....And to clarify my hub is directly pluged into the master socket....

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

I have moved your post to this new thread, so you can get personal help from the community or moderators, so please watch this thread for updates.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 12

Hi @le1rob and welcome.

I'm sorry you're having so many problems with the connection dropping. Have you checked for any noise on the line? Can you dial 17070 option 2 on a phone connected to the test socket? If you hear any noise you need to report a line fault to 151. Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 12

Thankyou for that,much appreciated ...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

HI , is this test to do when the fault occures or anytime..because the fault only occures when raining ?...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 12

@le1rob You could try it now then again when it's raining to compare results. If you hear any noise it needs to reported as a line fault.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

Hi David ....at present I am going to do quiet tests as you have suggested...one when the weather is fine and the other when it rains.....at the moment I have done the quiet test when the weather is good....and the test is fine......but you will have to wait for the rainy one .....

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 12

This happened to me a few weeks ago. The engineer discovered that water had corroded a crimped connector in the main junction box and it affected my line ( increased noise and constant drop outs) every time it rained.. they replaced the connector and that fixed the problem.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

Hi ...I have done the quiet test as sugested when the fault occurs which it has twice in two days due to the heavy rain we have had..and there is no buzzing or ontoward noise ....so no still got the problem....Can I request an engineer to just look at the external line and street connection box..? and how do I go about it...?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 12

Hi @le1rob,

I'll be able to take a look at your connection and run a few checks on your line. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings