Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 28

Re: Infinity speed drop

that's interesting as specially after the mods checked your conenction and said it was ok.  if there had been a cap then mods would have helped

look forward to update

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Mickeym
Contributor
Message 22 of 28

Now down to 53Mbs. contracted for 66Mbs, for 8 months was getting 76Mbs, still paying infinity 2 price every month though. Just had e-mail to say they are changing sports package extra £5 month. Get you in, then change the goalposts.

0 Ratings
Mickeym
Contributor
Message 23 of 28

Thought I would just let everyone know. Had huge electrical storm here in Norfolk, knocked out broadband for 2days.

Came back on this Monday morning at 72.03 Mbs with line profile at 74.22. So why BT have I been capped at 53Mbs for past 8 months. Yes my line CAN give me 72.03 Mbs !!!! 20 calls to BT in those 8 months, and told my line would not get more than 53Mbs. and just got fobbed off every time I rang them. Please give me the Infinity 2 that I am paying you for each and every month you take my direct debit.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 28

hope it holds for you and does not drop back like before

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Mickeym
Contributor
Message 25 of 28

Well imjolly, you must have inside infomation (hope it holds for you and does not drop back like before) well after IP Profile of 74.22 and download speed of 76.56 Mbs for 3weeks, since broadband reistated after the storm, my speeds were what I was getting when I joined BT Infinity 2 18 months ago.

Today my speeds have been cut back again to: IP Profile of 55.71 Mbs, with download speed 53.86. What the hell is going on with BT Openreach? that's a 20 Mb drop, India tells me that's all my line will take, LIE, LIE, LIE, and I have the BT Speedtester print out's  to prove it, and she then said that my speeds should be between 33Mbs to 59 Mbs. The supervisor I spoke to did not even know what Infinity 2 speeds should be ie: 40-80Mbs. India useless, waste of time even phoneing. 

So am I being Traffic managed ???,  and can BT be trusted, I for one don't think so. Yours, Very angry BT customer.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 28

Can you post the stats from your router helpdesk please

Mickeym
Contributor
Message 27 of 28

Product name:BT Home Hub
2. Serial number:+068343+NQ33831531
3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 (Type A) Last updated 02/07/15
4. Board version:BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime:0 days, 18:04:08
6. Data rate:20000 / 58174
7. Maximum data rate:20247 / 66509
8. Noise margin:6.0 / 6.4
9. Line attenuation:20.3 / 17.8
10. Signal attenuation:20.2 / 17.7
11. Data sent/received:603.1 MB / 1.0 GB
12. Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com
0 Ratings
Mickeym
Contributor