cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clonvara
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Re: Is it possible to suspend account as flooded out?

On the 11th, I called in and was connected through to what was supposedly a team set up to manage flood victims. I then spoke with a lovely woman named 'Nova' who told me that the account would be held with no charges for a month and that someone would call me on the 4th to see if we had found a new home to transfer the account to (we are rental tenants and now 'homeless'). She also said that BT would stay in touch each month until we found a new home, and that they would waive three months of bills or £300 whichever came first. After that, the account would be closed. 

Then BT billed us for the full amount on the 18th. 

We have called what feels like a zillion times both to the 0800 and the 0330 numbers and have been given the runaround, particularly that such a team 'does not exist' and that no such arrangements are available. Nevermind how many times I have had to spell 'F-L-O-O-D'. 

On the 23rd we did get through to a reasonable person in Newcastle who promised to look into it and call us on the 24th. Today is the 28th and no one has called. 

Please help. I am in tears just writing this post. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

I would suspect that you will have to claim any charges back from your insurance company.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 3 of 3

Hi clonvara,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for your post!

Sorry you're having this problem and that you're a victim of the severe weather we've been facing.  Send over your details to us so that we can take a closer look at this for you from here.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings