cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 9

Re: Keeping BT email address after cancelling BT Broadband

Go to solution
My partner has a.BTemail account and is considering changing providers. Is it still so that he needs to do premium mail? Does he need to do it before he cancels his contract or in the 30 days after before acc is deleated by BT? Thank you
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Message 2 of 9

Go to solution
Do you need to sign up to premium before you cancel the contract or with in the following 30 days before cut off. Thankyou
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

When you cancel your BT account you will be notified about retaining your email addresses. Once you have the notification you can follow the instructions on how to retain the email addresses by signing up for BT Premium email.

See link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44885/~/what-is-bt-premium-mail-and-how-can-i-get-it%...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

I've no current plans to move away from BT, but the thought of losing my e-mail address was one of the factors keeping me with them.  What is the cost of the 'premium' service?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @keitht8351,

Premium Mail is currently £5 per month.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

I appreciate this is an old thread but does anyone know if you have to pay £5 PER email address registered under a BT ID once you leave?

I had issues with my broadband (which thanks to the mods here and a thorough Open Reach engineer I think may just be fixed at last)...BUT while I've been waiting for the fault to be fixed (two engineers - the first a lazy one ), the price I've been offered by BT as contract renewal has gone up by at least £216 over an 18 month period which means I am considering moving to Plus Net for a saving of £360 over an 18 month period. Feeling very fed up that waiting for BT /Open Reach to fix my issues before renewing has cost me dear!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Yes, its still £5 a month. Bear in mind its still Openreach that fix Plusnet faults.

If you contact BT UK customer services on 0800 800 030, and mention that you are considering moving to another provider, you may find you get a better deal, and you will save yourself the cost for Premium Mail.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Hi - yes, I appreciate Open Reach fix all the faults, so being with Plus Net or Bt wouldn't make any difference to me really - just the price!

I did try the retentions team and that non deal deal was the best they would offer me last week. 

Re the £5 - is that per email address - so if we have 3 for the family under our BT ID would that be £15 per month do you know?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

The main email address gets charged £5 and if the others are sub-accounts of that address they are free.