cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gbhatia123
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Re: Keeping my old number/ WHO CAN I COMPLAIN TO?

Dear Sir

Please accept this as a formal letter of complaint.

I joined BT 6 to 8 weeks ago, and since then I have been trying my best to get my Virgin Number  ported from Virgin Media to BT. I have been in contact with BT on numerous occasions, being passed from pillar to post. At the beginning I was told that BT can’t request the number form Virgin, as the number was still active. I was told to cancel the number with Virgin, and once the line is disconnected by Virgin Media (VM), I should contact BT, who will then contact Virgin Media, and have the number ported over. I therefore, in good faith gave VM my 30 day notice, and then last week contacted BT (VOL012-********) and I was told that the port will take place this Monday gone. As this did not happen I contacted BT again (VOL012-********)  and spoke to Krishna who informs me that the number port can’t happen as the number is not with-in BT range (whatever that means). He apologised but I wanted to speak to a Manager. I was told that I will get a call back with-in 4 hours, but no call received.

Having spoken to OFCOM I am told that the porting should happen, and I have been asked to refer you to OFCOM’s General Condition 18. – Number Portability.

Please note that I have had this number for 25 years, and I really want to keep this number – *********. Please therefore take urgent steps for this number to be ported from VM to BT. VM have told me that BT have made no request for the number to be ported. Is that true? I am also curious that during one phone call with BT I was told that as the number originally is a BT number, the number will automatically come back to BT, once VM disconnect my phone line. Your comments on this would be very much appreciated.

Yours sincerely

Jagjit Bhatia

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only,

This is where customers help each other get the most out of BT products & services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.

This is a public forum which can be viewed worldwide, so please do not post any personal information, especially phone numbers, account numbers, fault numbers, address information or email addresses, as this could be used to impersonate you.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Laidlaw
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

I have similar problem but have kept my number but BT have got wrong phone number on my account. When I speak to call centre in India they say I can't have it changed because it's allocated already. I keep telling them of course it is because I have got it. They say they will ring me on a certain day but never do. Then send me a text on my mobile to say sorry we missed you we will ring two days time. I think they are ringing the number on my account instead of my actual original number.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

@Laidlaw wrote:
I have similar problem but have kept my number but BT have got wrong phone number on my account. When I speak to call centre in India they say I can't have it changed because it's allocated already. I keep telling them of course it is because I have got it. They say they will ring me on a certain day but never do. Then send me a text on my mobile to say sorry we missed you we will ring two days time. I think they are ringing the number on my account instead of my actual original number.

try live chat 

live chat

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Laidlaw
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Tried live chat and url wasn't recognised so I gave up.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

i have just tried the link and it is working fine
0 Ratings