cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Re: Laptop cannot go online with new HomeHub 4

I have exactly the same problem. My laptop is quite old but tried to follow your instructions. I connected with BT wifi with fon, went to fujitsu siemens, put in my model Amilo Li 1718 and tried different things but I'm so confused I don't know what to do next. I thought I was updating the whole system at one point, I can't find an update for the wireless card. I'm in a right old muddle 😞 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

If you follow this link

http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/Download/Showfiles.asp?OSOpenedTree=&IsOSSelected=YES&RHRead=&Microsof... Windows Vista-Childs=0&OSText=DD13C337-8EFF-4CFB-A589-72971D7BCBCE_Windows Vista_True&lng=COM

it will take you to the drivers section for your computer. You need to go to the WLAN section and select the correct one for your computer then download it and install it.

If you need further help how to install it post back.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

It looks like a Windows Vista laptop.

Use the desktop update tool here http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/DeskUpdate/Index.asp

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Use the link that Keith has posted, it will be the easiest way for you to update the drivers.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

I've tried both of those suggestions. The desk scan says there are no updates required & I've also gone through the other way to try to find the driver thingy for this model, that went up to 81% then timed out. It seems very slow on BT fon.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

If you can't update the drivers it might be worth buying a wireless dongle which you can plug into your laptop. This will do away with using the inbuilt wireless card. If you do get a dongle, which can be bought for a few pounds, remember to turn of the inbuilt wireless. It is usually done by a key combination such as Fn F9 or Fn F3.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

@LisaR wrote:

I've tried both of those suggestions. The desk scan says there are no updates required & I've also gone through the other way to try to find the driver thingy for this model, that went up to 81% then timed out. It seems very slow on BT fon.

Instead of connectiing via FON, use an Ethernet cable to connect to the laptop.

If you don`t want the trouble of upgrading the wireless card, then change the 2.4GHz wireless encryption on the home hub to WPA only, and it should connect without problems.

You may have to redo the connections on the other devices, as they are probably connecting using WPA2.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

How do I change the wireless encryption to home hub WPA only? sorry I'm a bit slow I've got a brain tumour & find it incredibly hard to absorb pretty much anything & have to go over things like I've for an OCD thanks.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

This is the BT help page.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44114/~/how-do-i-switch-my-bt-home-hub-4-to-wpa%3F

You should be able to select WPA only, and not WPA & WPA2, unless for some reason that option is no longer aavilable on the later hom hubs.

0 Ratings