cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris100
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Re: Line fault - still no service after over 4 weeks

I am not satisfied with the service we have been receiving from BET we have no phones or Internet and estimates of when the repairs will be made have gone from the That, The 18 and now not before the SST of January (we reported the fault on the The of December 2013)

Rather than calling 151 and listing to someone who has no ability to check on the progress or the complexity of the fault it would be good to speak to some one who is able to shed some light on this issue, IEEE what has gone wrong and honestly when is it likely to be fixed

We do not live on low ground, but we do live in a rural area.

As a major communications company I am amazed there there is no phone number for technical issues (I'm not counting 151 as this does not work) locally.

Has anyone any positive suggestions to resolve this matter

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail within 5-6 working days.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
CraigS
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 5

Hi Chris100,

I'll be happy to have a closer look for you.  Could you drop me in an email please? Use the 'contact us' form in my forum profile under the 'about me' section. You can find it by clicking on my username.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
diyd
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Only 4 weeks... you're lucky!  I have enjoyed two such instances.  One of 2 months and the other nearly three and only with the assistance of the Ombudsman was any reasonable compensation forthcoming in one of the cases!

In my experience, if its a line problem, NOONE in BT is really able to help because half the time NOONE it seems has the authority to talk directly to OPENREACH and their FAULT TRACKING SYSTEMS ARE NOT INTEGRATED!!!  The other half of the time local OPENREACH schedulers take no heed of what their local engineers are telling them. 

(On one occasion BT reported that my problem had been fixed because a local OPENREACH manager had confirmed this to be so and that my call diversion had been cancelled.  At the time, a local engineer had appeared to effect a repair but could not access the fault because a subcontracted digging team, who had exposed the wrong line the previous week, had yet to appear to expose the right section!!  The line, of course, was still completely dead.  The incompetance was incomprehensible.) 

If you can get the moble number of a senior local engineer (called a 'COACH') you are in with a chance because they seem to be able to cross bridges.  I wish I had found this out sooner.

By the way, I see no sign of the direct email link to the moderator... did it become available to you?

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

@diyd the contact method for the mods has changed and is now only shown to the poster to who they offer help
0 Ratings