cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kryssykk
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Re: Mail server not working for iPad, iPhone or iMac

Hi all and its now Dec 2017 and BT still has a big problem with iPad Air. Had BT mail on my pad for 4 years and no probs. Suddenly after setting up new BT E address because mine had been pwaned all has gone wrong. I followed several tips from forums etc still no luck. Unfortunately I followed one tip to uninstall and reinstall my email. lost all the mail and since then the BT server wont let me set it up anew.Its not the server because BT mail is fine on my lap top, also fine using the BT webmail. Its not the pad because my Gmail account is working fine using the same client. iPad is version 11.2.1 fully updated so dont know what to try next. Maybe buy a new tablet!!!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

I have moved you onto your own thread because your problem appears to be a different one from the thread that you posted on.

If you set up a new email address you would obviously not have the emails that were sent to your old "pwaned" email address in the "new" email account. Have you checked to see if they are still on the BT server by logging onto the "old" account via webmail?

Are you on the BTMail or BTYahoo email system. If you are not sure, log on via webmail and if you see Yahoo in the BT logo you are on the BTYahoo email system.

Can you clarify the following:-

What/where do you mean the BT server won't let you set it up anew? Is this on the email client or on webmail?

Are you using IMAP or POP3 in the email client?

Are you able to log onto both your "old" email address and the "new" email address via webmail.

If you are on the BTMail system have you checked that you have the correct settings.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/kw/bt%20mail/c/346,6588,6591

If you are on the BTYahoo email settings have you tried using the Yahoo settings.

IMAP

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN4075.html

POP3 settings

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN4724.html

0 Ratings
kryssykk
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Hi,

I am new to all this and not very comp literate so Techno talk just goes over my head, However this is what I did. On BT site I cancelled my main contact email address as it had been pwned and I was receiving emails from my own address with additions added to the end of said address. My second BT address which I had used for some time was also installed on my ipad together with a gmail account and my primary BT account address. Both continued to work for a while but after removing the primary BT address from ipad my second one dissapeared from ipad. Tried to re-install but got message incorrect password. after trying several times with Thunderbird email client which I used I tried using the Apple default mail prog. No luck there either. I knew details were right so to make sure I signed in to BT my mail and all details were correct and I signed in just fine. I now believe this is a problem with Apple IOS as I have noticed an update occured about the same time as all went pear shaped.The only thing I tried from web forums was to uninstall BT details and then reinstall which it just wont do.

0 Ratings