cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Re: Manually set DNS servers in BT Homehub 2.0 with BT Infinity

It is totally STUPID and typical of BT not to provide this capability.

The whole reason I want to change my DNS servers is that their DNS servers are too **bleep** slow at updating, so I want to set them to OpenDNS.

They have an advanced area on the Hiomehub but you can't change the DNS servers.

I should NOT have to buy more kit, if I am going to do that I might as well change ISP.

I should not have to hack my PC or every device on my network.

This is NIT DynDNS which is used to dial into your network from another locations, changing the DNS servers means I will get faster more relevant response and I need it because BT DNS servers do not resolve quickly enough.

Ironically BT subsidiary Plusnet do resolve quickly, so why can't BT do it, they are charging more than Plusnet.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

You don't have to use the homehub, you can replace it with your own router or modem/router depending on which service you are on.

Or you can turn DHCP off on the homehub and run your own DHCP server, either on another router or a PC on the network (it will have to be always on obviously).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Ouch - same. Just want to set it to opendns and block **bleep** etc...  OK its going to be 'ditch the homehub' weekend.  Shame.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

goodness cant even used the word "prawn" 😉

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

set up opendns on each device that overcomes the problem