cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidmridge61
Expert
Message 1 of 15

Re: Minimum Guaranteed Speed..

My Infinity 1 is being activated on 27th November. There was a Minmum Guaranteed Speed listed in my confirmation e-mail. Is that my contractual minumium guaranteed speed? It was listed as 50 Mpbs which I think is very good for Infinity 1. Bizarrely my actual line speed for ADSl has dropped this week.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

you need to remember that there is no longer a cap on infinity 1 anymore so connection speed can be up to 80mb

minimum guaranteed speed means you should get at least than connection speed - it is not the download speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
dnpark38
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 15

Basicaly agree but I have been well informed if the top estimate is below the 52/55 MPS of Infinity 1 then the increase to up to 80 Mps will have no effect.

In other words you have to sync. now at the 52/55 Mps for limit to be off and sync speed go up.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 15

until you are conencted and find out your actual conenction speed all speeds quoted are estimates but supposed to be realistic

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 15

That's right. @dnpark38, all it is is removing an artificial 55 Meg cap from Infinity 1. If your sync speed is not already pushing against that cap it'll not make a blind bit of difference.

Expert
Message 6 of 15

But surely not if it is contractually your guaranteed minimum speed.
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 7 of 15

davidmridge61 wrote:

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are asking?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 15

@pippincp wrote:

@davidmridge61 wrote:

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are asking?

Glad its not just me!

0 Ratings
davidmridge61
Expert
Message 9 of 15

Well follow th3 thread then!
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 15

Nope, still don't understand.

Removing a cap can't increase a speed that was below the cap in the first place.

0 Ratings