cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lheath010
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Re: Misleading ways in which to lure customers to BT Infinity and then not be able to get it

Consider yourself lucky! Before you proceed to BT Infinity could I suggest you read the forum posts regarding the performance. In short it is pathetic. You will end up paying more for the same sort of lousy service you have already received. BT INFINITY DOES NOT WORK AT THE SPEEDS IT IS MARKETED AT AND AS SUCH IS NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE. IT IS TOTALLY MISSOLD FROM MISLEADING MARKETING TO FAILURE TO DELIVER. INDEED I AM LOOKING FOR A GROUP LEGAL CHALLENGE RE MISSELLING - THIS IS WHAT WORKED WITH THE PPI BANKING FIASCO. THIS IS ON A SMALLER SCALE BUT I THINK A SIGNIFICANT GROUP LEGAL CHALLENGE COULD GIVE EVERYONE CONCERNED THE RESULT THEY WANT, AND A MASSIVE KICKING FOR BT! GOOD LUCK, BUT BE WARNED - STAY CLEAR - SKY OR VIRGIN WILL COST YOU MORE - BUT THEY WILL DELIVER.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
SHOLTIE
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Misleading ways in which to lure customers to BT Infinity and then not be able to get it

Bit of a broad statement, my Infinity works at close to and sometimes above the speeds I was quoted. I have had infinity since February 2013 in all that time I have had a broadband connection with the exception of a 10 minute gap while they were fixing a fault with my phone line. I have had no reason to contact BT regarding my broadband service.

Just done a speed test and I am getting 76.47 down & 16.49 up which is way way better than I used to get with AOL (1.5 down & 0.5 up)

Its alright saying use Virgin or Sky, just done an availability check sky quote ma a 40 download, and Virgin isn't in my area.

So I think I will stay with BT.

0 Ratings
MartinH
Expert
Message 3 of 5

I routinely get above 76Mbps.

0 Ratings
Hilly1
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

We too have been misled by BT. We moved    to BT purely for an Infinity service, BT took over our line and then told us Infinity was not available in our area, we have spent 2 hours speaking to various advisors and explaining the problem umpteen times.  BT want us to re sign a diffrent contract before they will give us broadband and expect us to pay more for less than we were paying Talk, Talk.  Another case of misselling.  I thought Talk had had a poor reputaiotn for customer service, BT beat them hands down. 

Hilly1

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

you could have checked infinity availability your self including your old providers web site for their fibre service as they use the same Openreach fibre network as do Sky and any other ISP excluding virgin who have there own
0 Ratings