Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 18

Re: Missing email accounts after emails "compromised" - no help from India

Go to solution
I am disgusted with Bt and my account has disappeared and whe I rang they said they could not reinstate it as it was not connected or linked with my Bt account when I moved house 7years ago I have sent two emails and recorded no response the account us accepting emails but no notification that the email account is not active and I can't get into it to retrieve anything and no contact from by !!!!
0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 18

Re: BT Lost our 20 year old email address

Go to solution
This is exactly what happened to me I've lost my lifeline and so much hassle can't change my log on account to all my subscriptions and access to other calls losing essential mail
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 18

Go to solution
This happened 18th April and no sense in accessing this account ....and no contact to support despite a few complaint emails
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution
Daniel replied for me to contact him and now I can't get access to email him
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution
Daniel please contact me again I can't get an email to you I am in despair I've lost my life my it having access to my email account for a month I don't know what I'm missing and got log into any of my subscriptions
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution

@Ravinderdos wrote:
This is exactly what happened to me I've lost my lifeline and so much hassle can't change my log on account to all my subscriptions and access to other calls losing essential mail

Hi.

Is this just one email address you're having problems with?

How are you trying to access the email account, webmail via a browser or mail client like Thunderbird, Outlook etc ?

When you say "all my subsriptions", can you say what you're referring to. Logging in to any other online website access will be unaffected by any email access failure.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution

Hi @Ravinderdos

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your posts.

I have moved all your posts on to your own thread to keep all the conversation about your problem in the one place.  Sorry for the problems you're having accessing your emails.

Send over your details and we'll give you a hand with this from here.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution
I cannot remember my password for some services and they all send email reminder links to my Bt account which I can access at first I thought it was compromised as I had added an iPad to access as well as my phone but now I have no email all my contacts will not know that this account is not accessible please please please can you try to reinstate this and give me access ...even if it's a chance to transfer my information to another account to lose my lifetime is not fair with no warning
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution

This is of no help to your problem at the moment but something to consider for the future:-

You should consider using an email client such as Windows Live Mail or Thunderbird which will allow you to download your emails onto your computer/device. 

Once they are downloaded you can then do a back up of them and store them safely. This means that YOU are responsible for their safe keeping and even if your email provider, in this case BT, loses or deletes your emails from their servers you will still have a copy safely stored on your computer/device.

You can store and back up all your contacts in the same manner

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution
Thank you I wish I'd know this before but never believed that a company like BT could do this !
0 Ratings