cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pipefish
Beginner
Message 11 of 15

Re: Moving house - different number to that provided.

Connected to the master socket. It is strange - I've had BT Infinity at several properties since it became available and BT have always under estimated the speed. Never over estimated.

0 Ratings
Pipefish
Beginner
Message 12 of 15

Telephone Number 02380XXXXXX on Exchange ROWNHAMS is served by Cabinet 4

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

HighLowHighLow    

FTTC Range A (Clean)61.846.617.411.8--Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted)4827.413.86--Available
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 3--1.5 to 5.5Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 3Up to 0.51.5 to 5.5Available
ADSL MaxUp to 2--1.5 to 4.5Available
WBC Fixed Rate1----Available
Fixed Rate1----Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast------Available
Copper Multicast------Available

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC or WBC SOGEA) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

There are no left in jumpers available on this line. This line is on a Market B Exchange.

For FTTC Ranges A and B, the term "Clean" relates to a line which is free from any wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions, and the term "Impacted" relates to a line which may have wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Oct-2012; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Jun-2014.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact the Broadband supplier they want to take service from to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Note: If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.

Thank you for your interest.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 15

You're bang in the middle of your estimated speeds. There's nothing wrong with your connection.

If you're on Infinity 2, I suggest "downgrading" to Infinity 1 to save yourself some money. You won't see any loss of speed as Infinity 1 has a maximum sync speed of 55meg, you're currently connected at 54meg.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Pipefish
Beginner
Message 14 of 15

Yeah, I figured it was OK as soon as I started looking into the links posted by the mods - just wanted to check as they said when we ordered it would be 55 - 70. Plus combined with the different number that the one first allocated and the overseas call centre having no idea whatsoever how to deal with the simplest request...

Not sure where they got that initial estimate from as obviously it says 46 - 61 on the checker page.

Basically just wanted to check as they always always underestimate in my experience - never had an overetimate.

0 Ratings
Pipefish
Beginner
Message 15 of 15

I also thought it was weird that - not in those recent speed tests - but in the vast majority of speed tests in non peak times, it basically shoots up to 50/51/52 and stops there as if it's bumping up against some kind of limit or cap.

0 Ratings