cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DIT
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Re: New connection IP Profile stuck on 2MBs

Last month I agreed to a change in my call package and the topic of broadband was not raised by BT's sales representative.  However, since then the speed of the service is unacceptably slow.  It is that bad I have had to tether to my mobile phone to get a service that has been on one occasion four times faster than that delivered by BT.  I have called BT three times on the issue and rather than address it, they have confirmed what I already know i.e. the IP Profile needs set to a higher value, and have repeatedly demonstrated their inability to fix the problem. 

The reason for writing this is that an engineer called me about two hours ago and asked me to wait on the line whilst some checks were being carried out - while I was waiting, he hang-up without warning and now my broadband speed is slower than it was before.  Is this the standard of customer service BT now delivers to customers with 17 years loyalty?

Thankfully, I only have a little under 11 months left of my contract and a reliable mobile phone with an unlimited data package.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

If you would care to post your hub stats and the further diagnostics section of the BT Speedtest then we can help you http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
DIT
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

John,

Thanks, I phoned customer services this evening again and I have been assured that my IP Profile will be appropriately amended tomorrow afternoon.  Apparently once this has been done, I will receive a phone call to confirm that it has in fact been amended.

Kind regards

DIT

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

I'm a sceptic and would suggest you post at least the diagnostic test results from btspeedtester

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

same here heard that so many times and nothing happens
0 Ratings
DIT
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

John / imjolly,

This afternoon my router told me it had been upgraded and the speed had increased to 6.81Mbps - wow what a difference!  Prior to this the speed fluctuated between 0.4 Mbps and 1.8 Mbps; my neighbours were receiving 6.5 Mbps.

It is just a shame it has taken so long to get the problem resolved.

Kind regards

DIT

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

That's great.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

good news you must have spoken to someone who actually understood the problem
0 Ratings