cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
widsy78
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Re: No Cooling off period ! Help !

I feel your frustration, BT have completely made a mess of our DD schedule and take it when they feel like. (this month they didn`t take it at all).

We called them last night to get a simple package change on our tv -swap out the useless on demand for sky movies- and ended up arguing with them for nearly 2 hours.

The first operater lied to us by telling us we could not drop the on demand service(possibly unethical practice to maintain the price of our bill) and after more frustrating arguments I have decided to try and quit with BT.

Unfortunately it seems i`m in contract untill Aug.

I`m not sure where I am at the moment but I am certainly telling my friends and family of the horrific customer service we have recieved. I would not reccomend anyone to BT , it is the worst customer service I have ever recieved.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

I also understand the frustration; BT's customer service can be awful, but the evidence is that they're not much different from their major competitors in this regard. It's the industry standard and I would certainly fight shy of recommending others to avoid BT because of my personal experience; people don't shower you with thanks if they leave the frying pan and end up in the fire.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
widsy78
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

I have to disagree, after dealing with talk talk (the tech support... eek) sky`s broadband... (erm ok ) and the child support agency I am well aware of how different customer service departments can fail,but this does not change my original statement. I am still confused as to how a call to change a tv package escalated to a full blown argument that lasted over an hour and a half. We were passed through 4 operaters who then conveniently hung up on us. They can not even organise a direct debit or standing order. They are rude and we were lied to about the on demand service. (saying that to get the movies package it was a necessity) When we questioned another operator it was stand alone. BT have been truly disgusting.

0 Ratings