cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Re: No broadband connection. Poor Customer Service - BT Call Centres

Had my phone and BB installed on the 6th Nov, phone OK but not the BB. Went through the Call Centre - very friendly and pleasant but obviously working to a script. By Saturday I was giving up the will to live and was then told that nobody could come out to check the line (which obviously wasn't fully checked at installation time) until the 19th. After an email to Customer service and a chat on the phone to a lady from BT in the UK (surprise! Surprise!) I was still being told that the 19th was my nearest option. Guess what? An engineer turns up unheralded today to check the line out! He found a fault on the line and did a full test; it still isn't working in the exchange somewhere and they are working on it, but at least I have progress. My question is: what do the people in the Call Centre actually do? Because despite what they might say, I don't think that they are actually testing the line.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Guru
Message 2 of 4

What do you mean by 'testing the line' pretty vague, did they say they would run a line test, throttle it, etc?

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Alanrf
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

To be fair, I had a recent issue which meant that I had to contact support in Chennai.

Level one support were helpful and did carry out several line tests to try and identify the issue.

As the issue was unresolved despite a rather garbled message to say that it had been 'fixed' I recall Chennai and asked to be connected to Level two support.  They were were extremely helpful and carried out several detailed tests, some of which I could observe having an effect on my router while they were taking place.  They identified an issue and raised it with Network Engineers.

The fault, a technical issue at the local exchange,  was fixed within a couple for days.

On this occasion at least I cannot do other than to offer the highest praise to all involved for their actions.

Equally, contacting the Mods on the issue via this Forum was another example of good Customer service.

Alan
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

Good post. People generally feel much less inclined to praise than they do to have a rant. Human nature, but still a good post.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings