cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 20

Re: No phoneline,No broadband and the activation date has passed! Phoneline is dead no dial tone!

Go to solution

I am facing the same issue,activation date was yesterday,but still no phone or broadband.

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 20

Re: No phoneline,No broadband and the activation date has passed! Phoneline is dead no dial tone!

Go to solution
contact 0800 111 4567 and ask them to test your line
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution

Yes I have done that and they said everything is fine and even did 'test socket' part.NOthing happened.They have arranged for an engineer for next wednesday 😞

My old broadband and phone line were working fine until yesterday evening.Its after I got the 'activation' text from BT ,that everything seems to have stopped working 😞

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution
it sound like the activation has been delayed for some reason who was your previous provider
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution

o2 was my previous bb provider

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution
O2 may have delayed moving you to BT i would contact O2 and find out did you use a MAC code when you transferred
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution

No MAC Code was used,as the previous BT line and O2 bb were in my friend's name.He had cancelled them before I signed up for a new line and broadband with BT.

Still no phone and broadband 😞

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution
how long after the o2 service was cancelled was it before you ordered from BT
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

BT was ordered on the 8th but O2 was only cancelled on the day of BT activation which was the 16th.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution
that is why it can take up to 10 days because it was changed in the way you did as the old line details take time to be removed