cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tjj
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Re: P2P being throttled

When i signed on for my BT Infinity 2 contract, i signed on for unlimited usage. Why then would i not get the service that I have been paying for. As for the speed, it seems that despite my local exchange can only give me out speeds of 44MBps, yet i tested it and am receiving only 38MBp/sec, equal to that of BT Infinity Option 1, my upload speed too, the same as BT Infinity Option 1.

I should be switched to Option 1 if that is the best my exchange can offer, and not be charged for Infinity option 2, when the hardware in place by BT where I live, is simply not capable of delivering the speeds advertised. False Advertising, Small print, the usual. I would very much appreciate a resolution to this from someone employed at BT.

Thank you

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

The restrictions on the package you signed up to were in the terms and conditions that you agreed to.

The first step to resolving your speed problem is to get your IP profile as I suggested and start a new thread as this thread is not about your speed problem.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

All services are sold as UP to speeds so there is no misselling your speed is limited by your distance from the street cabinet all exchanges and cabinets are capable of 80mb
0 Ratings
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

@ray_dorset wrote:
... this this thread is not about your speed problem.

Ooo, it is now.

Could you please obtain your IP profile and post it here?

You can get your IP Profile by running the speedtest at www.speedtest.btwholesale.com and proceeding to the "Further Diagnostics". On completion this should display your IP profile but it doesn't always work.

If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 5 of 6

You're postig to yourself ray?????

0 Ratings
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

No, someone kindly created a new topic for this user to get help with the speed problem.
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings