cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Re: Poor Customer Service - BT Call Centres

After many years of BT we have finally seen the light and gone our seperate ways ! After a surge blew our router and outside lines we waited 6 days for them to find the fault,no problem with that it was after we had ordered another router that the problems started. When the router failed to turn up we contacted India again! and were told it was sent out to an address we had moved from 4 years earlier,shame the bills didnt go there ! New router delivered and installed then after 2 days all we got on outgoing and incoming calls was an engaged tone, back in touch with India only to be told the fault was at our end ! To cut a long story short we got quite crappy with them via the txt messages we were exchanging and it was sorted within the day. This was after we were told it would take an engineer up to 2 weeks to get here,meaning our phone would have been off 3 weeks ! Anyway we were fed up with 40mins phone calls to someone who couldnt really helpus so we have left BT on the basis of a **bleep** customer care service!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

I'm sorry you had such a dreadful experience. I can't disagree with you that the current level of service and service centres is lacking. My daughter is having a nightmare with BT at the moment.

At least this forum is helpful and a good idea by BT. I would myself hesitate to move elsewhere however.

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

@stuartrogerson wrote:
At least this forum is helpful and a good idea by BT. I would myself hesitate to move elsewhere however.

Agree. There's a lot of fire round this frying pan.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

I lasted 3 weeks as a BT customer...

I placed an order to move my phone line and broadband from current supplier (EE), order placed on 28th October-confirmation Email received confirming my order had been placed for BT infinity and phone, with my phone to be swapped on 13th November. 

13th November arrived phone swapped over (excellent I thought, this is easy), I waited for Bt to give me a date for infinity, when I rang, I was informed I hadn't ordered BT infinity, I explained I had and have the email confirming this, (I STILL have that email). They virtually called me a liar,  they also told me it was not possible for me to  order BT Infinity and have it installed  for at least 3 weeks minimum making this nearly xmas before I had Fibre, I was thinking if they treat new customers this way, how do they keep & treat loyal ones.

None the less I wasn't happy, called the customer complaints line, they couldn't understand why BT infinity had not been ordered, and couldn't speed up the process. I explained as BT had NOT fulfilled the order and had broken a contract I would be going elsewhere, which they agreed without any costs to me.

I have since ordered from TalkTalk, and everything being done on 5th December, including Fibre.

On Thursday 21st Nov I get a letter from BT telling me they want to charge me £62 for cancelling, I was furious, yet another call to BT, when the Indian call centre where steadfast, and would not get the charge removed, even though I explained the complaints line had already agreed to waive any charges, as was BT's fault, after speaking to someone else they agreed to remove the charges.

The whole company & concept of BT seems to be inept, and for a communications company, they do not communicate internally at all. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

And when I finally called to ensure the cancellation charges were withdrawn and I was going to TalkTalk, the call centre agent just kept asking for my MAC code, which of I refused to give her as I was leaving BT!! She then did the usual chat of saying TalkTalk are bad this bad that, I had enough and just told her NO.

0 Ratings