cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 12

Re: Purchased films

Go to solution

Hi I wonder if any one can advise me on this, I have two BT YouView boxes 1 downstairs in the living room and  1 upstairs in the bedroon

I have the purchased an addtional second room option from BT, BUt i can only see the prurchases on the box downstairs.

I have reset the upstairs BT Box and go into the BT store and under settings Re-sync data, it clearly states that if  you have purchased films on aother device or BT box these  can go out of sync if you purchased it from other BT box  then re-sync data

I rang BT several times and been advised the the Purchases is only available on 1 BT box. This cant be the cases. I can understand that you cant watch two HD flims at the same time, or watch to HD football games but i thought,  i could see any film and see it under purchases on either box...

I can see the films that ive purchased on my Iphone and Ipad

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Go to solution

This may help.

How many devices can I download my digital copy on?

You can download a single copy of a film to one device at a time. If you want to download the same film to another device you'll need to first remove the copy of the film you've already downloaded, before you try to download it to a new device.

From http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/51514/~/bt-tv-purchases-on-the-app-and-web-player

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

I think the link that covers the Youview boixes is

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48185/kw/bt%20tv%20purchases/

where this is explained:

Can I watch a film I've purchased on my extra box if I purchased it on my main box?
You can only watch your purchases on the box you made your purchase, so you won’t be able to buy it on one box and watch it on an extra box. If you want to watch your purchases elsewhere you can watch them on a smartphone, tablet or computer.

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution
Still don't know why it's listed to just one box where other providers you can watch on multi boxes
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

There is a differnce between downloaded content which is normally only licenced for one physical device, and streamed content which can be watched on any device.

This is determined by the content provider, BT have no control over this.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution
You can only stream to one youview box. For those with multi room we should be able to view on any box.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution
I have got the same problem. My purchases do not work on the 2nd box. Spoken to bt help desk they are now sending a some one out to look at it.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

@paulmoore1981 Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting, as @zulu17 has mentioned above the purchased films will only work on the box that they were downloaded on.  I'm afraid an engineer visit will not be able to help with this as it is not a fault but the way the service works.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution
I wound like a refund then this poor. Way is bt telling me it will work.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution
I will go to Tesco and buy the DVD for 10 pounds then cheep then what bt is
0 Ratings