cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Re: Refund problem

I'm having problems getting a refund and a payment for a cancelled engineer visit. I've been on online chat who have said they have passed my problem on to the the appropriate department and said someone would phone me. I've phoned and spoken with people who don't seem to understand what I am saying, they too promise to get someone to phone me. We've had weeks where I have spoken to someone everyday and gone through all the checks to find our fault, despite me telling them we have already done this, but we have to go through it again before they will book an engineer. I have been on the phone so many times I've lost count for 30 minutes or more. We have had 7 booked engineers visit, plus another one cancelled (by BT) engineer visit, 2 unscheduled engineer visits. Finally after having virtually no usable phone line for approx 3 months and a not much better internet service (500 + lost connections in 3 hours) we have a service that is working.

I think we should be entitled to refund for the loss of service, compensation for my time, a payment for the cancelled engineer visit and I think its time BT phoned me. For a communications company, BT are extremely difficult to communite with and why does no one ever phone when they say they will?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Compensation arrangements are shown here.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9394/~/customer-service-guarantee

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 11

Welcome @Pembo1

I am sorry that things aren't right for you yet and I would like to take a look into this for you. Can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will be in touch.

Thanks,

OlgaC

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Sent a message via your profile just, looked like any other contact form, not just to you personally?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Thanks Keith
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

It goes to the forum moderators group e-mail queue, so any of the forum moderators will deal, once you reach the top of the queue.

At this time of the year, it could be a week before you get a reply.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Thanks again Keith. I was expecting to deal with OlgaC but guess it will be progress if I get to speak to anyone.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

the mod team will contact you personally normally within 3/5 working days maybe a little longer due to the holiday period
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Ok so I was contacted by someone from BT and a £40 refund was agreed, but just received my latest bill and got a £10 refund. On top of that the phone line has gone noisy again and the internet connection download speed was 2.89mpbs last night. No I haven't reported it yet, can't face the thought of another few months of calls and engineer visits. having a phone line and internet connection really shouldn't be this difficult. Also contacting BT shouldn't be so difficult, why is there no contact number to speak to a refunds department? You're supposed to be a communications company for gods sake!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

I have asked the Forum Moderators to help you they will post their contact link here
0 Ratings