cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james999
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Re: SPAM SPAM SPAM - PLEASE HELP OR I'M LEAVING BT

Like other contributors I find spam an extremely annoying problem. I am receiving about 50 spam emails a day, half of which go into my in box. This has been bad for about 5 or 6 weeks now, NEVER before What has happened to make it so bad? I mark all to block and then move to spam, it takes ages! Thanks Steve CC Admin/BT head office ( by email)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

@usteve wrote:
Like other contributors I find spam an extremely annoying problem. I am receiving about 50 spam emails a day, half of which go into my in box. This has been bad for about 5 or 6 weeks now, NEVER before What has happened to make it so bad? I mark all to block and then move to spam, it takes ages! Thanks Steve CC Admin/BT head office ( by email)

Hi.

See my post here :-

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Spam-filter-seems-to-have-conked-out-again/m-p/1591390#M40838

Using a block (I assume you mean that you are adding the mail address to the blocklist) is pointless, since spammers do not use the email address the spam has come from.

tb_forum
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

I have one address which was somehow acquired and has been subject to spam for many months now. Sometimes most of this is diverted to Spam but there are times the spam filters don't work and then I get an Inbox full of rubbish. I complained to the source ISP, who never responded and I also flagged to BT. I figured out the only thing to do was a) migrate away from the email address, delete it and start a new one or b) move all mail away from BT. I don't see to have any similar issues with GMail or Outlook.

The other thing you can do which is a pain but will help when moving to a new address is to set up and use specific disposable addresses and do not use the main email address. Then if the spammers get one of your disposable addresses you can maybe figure out where the leak came from and also just delete that address and generate/use a new disposable address.

0 Ratings