cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ericfoster75
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Re: Scam Call from Microsoft Windows - or was it?

In reference to the comment made about the PC World calls.  There are real calls conducted by PC World to assist their Knowhow customers.  It is a sad world where we chalk all help from our solution providers up to being some sort of a scam.

There are legitimate support calls being done by the Knowhow team to assist customers in using the services they purchased.

If for whatever reason you question the validity of these calls you can always call the phone number provided in the email sent to you by support@myknowhowcloud.com and then at least you know you speaking the genuine Knowhow support.

3 REPLIES 3
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Hi ericfoster75

Just to let you know in case you never noticed, you are replying to a post that is almost three years old with the last post about two years ago however your answer is informative may be helpful to others. 

0 Ratings
StripeyMiata
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Well to be honest, I have found the Knowhow team to be a bunch of scammers as well. My friend took a laptop that wouldn't charge to them and they said it was a faulty solder point on the motherboard and quoted £200 to replace the motherboard. In fact it was a broken power supply, £8 from Amazon. Another time they said a motherboard had failed and that's why it wouldn't boot. It was actually a duff battery, once I removed it booted fine. Then bought a new battery.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Perhaps they should be re-named "Don't Knowhow" team Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings