Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Re: Slow broadband downstream line speed and noise on line

I am also having a slow connection:-

Connection time is lower as I reset the hub a couple of days ago.

ADSL Line Status

Connection Information

Line state:           Connected

Connection time:             2 days, 22:36:49

Downstream:    1.438 Mbps

Upstream:          448 Kbps

ADSL Settings

VPI/VCI:               0/38

Type:     PPPoA

Modulation:       G.992.1 Annex A

Latency type:     Fast

Noise margin (Down/Up):            5.3 dB / 13.0 dB

Line attenuation (Down/Up):     66.1 dB / 31.5 dB

Output power (Down/Up):         16.8 dBm / 12.3 dBm

FEC Events (Down/Up):                0 / 15

CRC Events (Down/Up):                3043 / 77

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

I have moved you post to start your own subject as the other was marked as solved

from your stats your conenction looks ok. The 'low speed' is about right for your conenction due to your attenuation which puts your line length at 4.8km.  you can see that what I mean by entering your attenuation here

check speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Not happy coming back to BT :( poor ADSL Speed

I've recently come back to BT from Sky as I wanted a good long term deal.  BT has claimed they have better speeds and a larger network than the others so can cope with the internet traffic.

I used to get between 3.5mb and 4.3mb with my sky connection on the same line in the TONYREFAIL exchange.  Since coming to sky I only get 0.96 to 1.2mb and that's way after the 10 days have passed with a new connection.  I phoned the help line and they basically said that's as good as it gets with your line. I told them what I got from sky and he said leave it with me for 10 mins and I will make some tweeks on your HUB 3 and it may help.  2 hours later I re-booted as he instructed me and no better Smiley Frustrated.

Any help for me out there folks?/BT?

Regards,

Mr O'Brien.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

It's very odd how I got between 3.5mb and 4.3mb fine with sky those?  it's pants on BT? 😞

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

the difference is when you were with sky you were on their LLU service which is up to 24mb whereas on BT you are on adslmax up to 8mb.  The exchnage has not been upgraded to 21CN so that is as best as BT offer.  with your current attenaution it should make very little difference.

you can check by entering you attenuation here

check speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Well the sky website at the time said max 16mb.. I check the attenuation it said 1.7 for sky and bt.

Oh Well, fibre should be here next year :)....

Martin.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

16mb is advertised download speed but if you lived next to exchange you could get up to 24mb connection speed

0 Ratings