ive been battling bt for over a year now with no success can wait till my contract is up bt are no caring and dont give a **bleep** about there customers that is why they use india call centres that don't understand a word that you say and care even less all they can do is apologise ever second word so give up accept what you have and change as soon as possible
Welcome to this customer to customer forum, where you should get your problem resolved.
To enable forum members to help you, please could you look at ADSL Speed and Connection Issues which asks you to do a few checks first, and has some helpful hints.
When you have done that, please follow the instructions at the end of that section, and post the results here, so members can offer advice. Thank you.
If you would like to look at Keith's Post and link ( ADSL Speed and Connection Issues ) it will help explain what checks you need to do.
To enable us to look into your Broadband Problem, please follow below:
1) are you conneted to the master or test socket?
2) can your post your BT Speedtest results by using http://speedtester.bt.com (not beta version) [best done with a wired connection ie ethernet]
3) Have you tried a quite line test. Dial 17070 option2 from landline, there should be no distinctive noise but slight 'dull' hum normal on cordless phones
4) can you post your adsl line statistics
ADSL Line Stats Help
If you have a BT Home Hub like the one below...
2) click Settings
3) Click Advanced Settings
4) Click Broadband
5) Click Connection or sometimes called ADSL (see picture Below)
The direct Address is http://bthomehub.home/index.cgi?active_page=9116 (for bthomehub3)