cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pscolari
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Re: Slow download speed

Please help i moved from Talk Talk to BT on Friday 7th Feb. The week before i was getting speeds of 8mbps approx. Since changing over i am only getting 0.25mbps. I have been on with bt several times but i keep getting put off for couple of days at a time. Can some one please help i expect there is something wrong that i dont understand but someone on here will understand. Please help.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

I moved your post to avoid confusion with replies to the orginator of the other thread

Can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes run diagnostic test and post results. Do not restart the router and use wired connection. http://speedtest.btwholesale.com

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
pscolari
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download  Speed
 0.22 Mbps

0 Mbps0.25 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.22 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.1 Mbps-0.25 Mbps.
 IP Profile for your line is - 0.25 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 0.29 Mbps

0 Mbps0.83 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.29Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

If you enter 192.168.1.254 into your browser and enter hub manager can you post your connection speed and connection time

You are in a training period so you should avoid manual resets for first 10 days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
pscolari
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

Every time i rang BT they told me to reset it so it has been done quite a few times since Friday.

Also they reset it from their end tonight.

Is this the part you wanted.

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connectedppp0_0
Connection time:0 days, 01:13:37
Downstream:287.1 Kbps
Upstream:440 Kbps
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

The resets have resulted in the low speed. Just stay connected until the 10 training period is over and then repost btspeedtester results

Can you enter your phone number and post results. Remove phone number before posting. https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

pscolari
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date  High Low High Low    

FTTC Range A (Clean)19.4131.20.8--Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted)15.96.41.20.6--Available

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 10--8.5 to 11Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 10Up to 18.5 to 11Available
ADSL MaxUp to 8--7 to 8Available
WBC Fixed Rate2 ----Available
Fixed Rate2 ----Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast------Available

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

Thanks. From that you would expect 8mb+ connection speed. Just need to wait for the 10 days during that period the router may reset on its own and that is normal just avoid manual resets

pscolari
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

Smiley FrustratedBt are to ring me back on Thursday night. What will i tell them if the ask me to reset again?

Will it gradually start to get better after a few days or will it get better all of a sudden after 10 days.

Is there anything i can do to speed it up? As it is a struggle to even load these pages lol.

Thank you so much for all your help. I am very flustrated.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

Just tell bt that resetting is making it worse and as in training it says stable connection is best thing. With a stable connection i hope that speed will improve maybe not initially to 8+ mb but eventually . If after training there is no improvement we will get mods involved to help