Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
starship
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Re: Slow download speed

Crackling on the phone line...

My down load speed are very slow, many times during the day my broadband drops out completly and does not return till some 4-5 hours later if at all sometimes.

I phoned have phone BT on many many ocassions, a few weeks ago they sent an engineer out, this engineer was very good, checking all my equipment, wiring, even cleaning all contacts, when he left all was working fine, a day later it was all happening again. I phoned BT yet again, they performed all the tests, told me there was no problem even though at that point i had no connection, on three occassions they have sent me a new hub 3 out and each time it makes no difference, i am still in the same situation.

A few days ago the same phone call same process, i was told an engineer would be sent out to my home, a few days later i recieved a phone message that was not understandible because of the terrible english used, so i thought i would phone in and ask, at that point i was told the engineer had been cancelled as the fault was found at the exchange, two days later i am experiencing the same issue, a phone call to BT and again they are blaiming my hub, I try to expalin the long term issues but they seem to not understand and keep repeating the same about the hub, even though i feel sure i have told them about the previous situations. The frustration is annoying and cannot bare it much longer.

I rely on my broadband for Mobile phone booster, wifi connections etc..

I have a hub 2 ( as its the only one i can get anything from)

My phone line is very crackly.

My connection at the wall is an Open reach with side by side connection, one for broadband the other for Telephone.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Have you tried the quiet line test dial 17070 option 2 you should hear no noise if you can hear noise then it needs reporting to BT faults on 151 with no mention of broadband in the call
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

once the line noise is fixed your broadband service will improve automatically
0 Ratings
starship
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Hi thank you for your resply,

Amazing, I tried the 17070 test and no noise or crackling,  i made a phone call and its very noisy. At this point today unlike other days all seems to be reseanoble, but experience tells me it will not last, when that happens i am unable to get online to here or of cause any other checks...

I tried the Broadband availability checker and got the following,

"There is no data available for this number. This could be either because it is not a BT line or it is a new BT number that has just been provided. Most new numbers will appear on the checker 24 hours after BT has installed the line....."

EDIT; I have just performed a braoband test using Broadband Wholesale Performance test.

Download speed (mbps) 1.58

Upload speed (mbps) 0.07

Ping Latensy (ms) 117.50

Also like to add that my two nearest nieihbours suffer from the same drop outs. we all live donw a lane with no other properties.

0 Ratings
starship
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

In addition, How do i get an engineer out?, as i am continually told by BT there is no fault on the line..

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 6 of 6

Hi @starship and thanks for posting.

Sorry you're having problems getting this sorted. @john46 is correct. If there is noise on the line you need to report it to 151, don't mention broadband. If you run it to problems getting that reported let me know and I'll be happy to lend a hand.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings