cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cashback09
Beginner
Message 1 of 23

Re: Slow upload speed but download fine.

Go to solution

Hi there

I am experiencing exactly the same problems almost 4mbps downlaod speed and a max of 0.35 mbps upload speed.

im trying to use a Vodafone sure signal connected to my home hub (as we have such poor mobile reception in our village) and whilst I can hear everyone else on my work conference calls, I sound like a robot when I speak and people cant hear me due to the slow upload speed.

I have called the Broadband help team numerous times, had an engineer visit, just installed a BT accelerator as well and that  has made no difference. Everytime I speak with the call centre they are all very polite and tell me they will resolve this - but so far no one has been able too.

My neighbour uses sky and has never had any issues. im using an apple mac and a work pc all of which have all the latest browsers software etc installed

Any other advice anyone can give would be great!

Many thanks

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 23

Go to solution

welcome to the forum

check your upstream in your router and if 448 then your upload is a good as you will get on adslmax

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
cashback09
Beginner
Message 3 of 23

Go to solution

thanks for replying so quickly - i did not see how to make it as a new post

how do i check the upstream in my router...?

0 Ratings
cashback09
Beginner
Message 4 of 23

Slow upload speeds - but download is fine

Go to solution

Hi there

I am experiencing the following problems almost 4mbps downlaod speed and a max of 0.35 mbps upload speed.

im trying to use a Vodafone sure signal connected to my home hub (as we have such poor mobile reception in our village) and whilst I can hear everyone else on my work conference calls, I sound like a robot when I speak and people cant hear me due to the slow upload speed.

I have called the Broadband help team numerous times, had an engineer visit, just installed a BT accelerator as well and that  has made no difference. Everytime I speak with the call centre they are all very polite and tell me they will resolve this - but so far no one has been able too.

My neighbour uses sky and has never had any issues. im using an apple mac and a work pc all of which have all the latest browsers software etc installed

Any other advice anyone can give would be great!

Many thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 23

Go to solution
hi enter 192.168.1.254 into your browser address bar and navigate to broadband then connection and then post the results back here and someone will advise you further
0 Ratings
cashback09
Beginner
Message 6 of 23

Go to solution
hi thanks again - i did that - it shows my home but 3 welcome page but i can't see broadband or connection anywhere...?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 23

Go to solution

need to go to advanced/ broad band/adsl or something like that - don't use HH now

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
cashback09
Beginner
Message 8 of 23

Go to solution

and jsut found this

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 days, 01:43:49
Downstream:3.875 Mbps
Upstream:448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):17.0 dB / 21.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):33.9 dB / 19.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up):19.5 dBm / 11.9 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):66 / 1
CRC Events (Down/Up):3 / 5
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):1 / 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):769 / 28
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 23

Go to solution

that's it

you are on adslmax with upstream of 448 so you are getting max upload for your connection.  only when your exchange is upgraded to 21CN will you be able to get a faster upload speed

0 Ratings
cashback09
Beginner
Message 10 of 23

Go to solution

but my speed test is only saying aroun .30 to .35 mbps - can i get closer to the .448kbps as vodafone says it needs to be over 35 all the time for sure signal to work..?

0 Ratings