Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stacy
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Re: Smart Hub constantly loosing connection re: orange light

Hi John

Sounds like a familiar story. I was on copper broadband until March 2017 when I switched to infinity; biggest mistake ever. It took over two weeks for BT to connect me (the first engineer didn't switch it over at the interchange correctly) and I had to go through the same scripted questions every time I called. Ever since I had infinity the signal was intermittent, I had another week where it went down completely and it also took down my phone line - living in an area with no mobile phone signal I felt extremely vulnerable. So 6 months later I've supposedly switched back to copper following a complaint I've had to escalate and a visit from an engineer who basically couldn't diagnose why infinity kept going down for hours on end.

Has copper solved my issues? No I still have extremely intermittent service with it down for hours on end, on average for about 10 hours, no one seems to be able to confirm that I have been switched over and to be honest I'm getting fed up of being asked the scripted questions which has never resolved the problem. It seems that even when you complain service cannot be guaranteed and the engineers I've had so far haven't got a clue. I would be interested to see how your issue is resolved because having had an engineer out its nothing to do with the set up in my house.

I wish I had never changed to infinity or changed by hub, my confidence in BT is zero and there seems little interest in resolving the issue, and now it appears that even copper is unreliable.

Stacy

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
DavidM
Message 2 of 6

Hi @Stacy and welcome.

I'm really sorry you're having so many problems with your connection. I've moved your post so we can offer some help. Can you please drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 6

Please post your full Router Stats. For a Home Hub see on here: Broadband Top Tips . Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Have you tried the quiet line test dial 17070 option 2 you should hear no noise if you can hear noise then it needs reporting to BT faults on 151 with no mention of broadband in the call
0 Ratings
johnhmara
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Yes tried that and so did the telephone engineer.

The hub im using is a smart hub. The homehub I had worked perfectly. This is the second smarthub that has the exact same problem.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 6 of 6

I'm fairly sure that question was aimed at @Stacy @johnhmara but thanks for confirming that. I've replied to your latest post on your own thread as well.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings