Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 21

Re: Smart Talk Registration Problem

Go to solution

I have exactly the same problem when trying to set up Smart Talk on a new phone. Had it on an old phone, cancelled it waited 24 hrs +. Had the phone call and code, had the texy and code. Code inserted automatically. All looked good

Gets to a screen saying "Almost done...We just need to check it's OK to use Smart Talk on this account.

Then settung up account

Then exactly the same Unknown Problem Message.

(Just to be sure that I had stopped the service I tried my old phone and it reported the account holder had stopped the service)

I note Nucky's post said solved and he was asked to contact the moderator. Can someone help me?

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 21

Go to solution

I have moved your post to a new thread, so you can get help from the community.

Is this post any help?

https://community.bt.com/t5/Apps-from-BT/smarttalk-quot-sorry-we-haven-t-been-able-to-setup-your-acc...

also

If you take a look at -Fix problems signing up to BT SmartTalk, you'll find a few steps that might help.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 21

Go to solution

I'm afraid the post didn't help.

I have checked that the previous phone has been removed. In "MyBT" Smart Talk shows but there are no users.

I have tried to set up Smart Talk both using my regular BT ID and creating a new one using a different email address. Both result in the same error message. Set up seems to go as it should until I reach the "Almost Done....." screen I get this

Help please

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 21

Go to solution

Capture.JPG

This was the image I tried to insert in my earlier post!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 21

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 21

Go to solution

Hi @reneh46

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

Sorry for the problems you're having re-registering for BT Smart Talk.  Send us over your details and we'll give you a hand with this from here.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 21

Go to solution

I have continued with my efforts to install Smart Talk and have tried to create a new BT ID using a different email address (I have in fact tried 3!). Each time I received an e mail with a link to "Activate your account" now.

I click on this and it opens My BT with the following message:

Due to technical error we are unable to validate your email address at the moment. Please try again later.

I have tried multiple times over the past two days and keep getting the message.

Any help gratefully received.

Peter

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 21

Go to solution

I got a call from a moderator today and sunsequently from someone on the Smart Talk team (I think), perhaps because of the mods prompting. Thanks for that.

The call wasn't great! I ran through the problem of getting the app to complete it's install and read out the message when the install failed. Having taken all the details she told me the problem would be passed on to another team and they would respond in 7 days. At the end she stressed I must have the app installed on my phone for them to help me. I pointed out that whilst I had downloaded the app and got so far through the installation it had failed at the last stage and wasn't therefore installed. I hope I got the message across but I'm really not certain.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 21

Go to solution

Had a call today from John a moderator. Tried to send an email to my orange.fr address to reset BT Smart talk password associated with this address. No email received. I did send myself another email to orange from another email provider and I did receive that OK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 21

Go to solution

Hi @reneh46 Thanks for the update and I will check back with you tomorrow.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings